BCCI rejects Woolf Report recommendationsFebruary 13th, 2012 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 13 (IANS) The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Monday rejected the key recommendations of the Woolf Report concerning the restructuring of the International Cricket Council (ICC), board president N. Srinivasan has said.
“The working committee was in particular not agreeable to the changes in the structure of the ICC that had been proposed,” Srinivasan said after the working committee meeting here.
Srinivasan, however, did not why the BCCI was opposed to the Woolf report.
The ICC’s independent governance review, headed by Lord Woolf, had recommended sweeping changes in ICC’s administration and the functioning of its governing body.
The Wolf Report recommended a restructuring of the ICC’s executive board to make it more independent. The report also aims at reducing the domination of bigger countries and also a re-examination of the rights and benefits of the Test-playing Full Member nations. It has also called for measures to increase transparency in dealings by the ICC and its members.
- ICC would be silly to reject Woolf report: CA - Feb 17, 2012
- ICC appoints Woolf to head its review panel - Aug 04, 2011
- BCCI accepts ICC's modified DRS version (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2011
- ICC to reduce the role of president - Feb 01, 2012
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
- ICC agrees to split roles for president, chairman (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- ICC executive board to discuss Test championship - Oct 09, 2011
- ICC meeting recommends mandatory use of modified DRS version - Jun 27, 2011
- ICC goes along with Indian board, DRS is not mandatory - Oct 11, 2011
- BCCI rejects ICC's recommendation on DRS (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 25, 2012
- Modified DRS made mandatory; BCCI agree to its use without Hawk Eye (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- ICC makes further progress towards Test, ODI leagues - Dec 01, 2010
- Pakistan unhappy with cricket's FTP - Dec 01, 2010
- Former BCCI chief PM. Rungta passes away (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Cannot make exceptions for Sahara in IPL: BCCI president (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: board president, committee meeting, domination, governing body, independent governance, india bcci, international cricket council, lord woolf, measures, member nations, restructuring, srinivasan, sweeping changes, transparency, wolf, wolf report, working committee