BCCI offers amnesty to 102 ICL rebelsJune 2nd, 2009 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 2 (IANS) The Indian cricket board Tuesday offered amnesty to 79 current cricketers and 12 former Test players, who had joined the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL).
Eleven support staff, who had also joined the ICL, were also welcomed back by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
The decision to offer amnesty to the players was taken in the BCCI’s working committee meeting here in April.
Among the 79 cricketers were Dinesh Mongia, Reetinder Singh Sodhi and Ambati Rayudu.
The 12 former cricketers were Sandeep Patil, Erapalli Prasanna, Madan Lal, Rajesh Kamath, Karsan Ghavri, Pranob Roy, Ashok Malhotra, Rajesh Chauhan, Balwinder Singh Sandhu, Bharat Reddy, Atul Wassan and Ajit Wadekar.
The BCCI in a statement said that after scrutinising their requests they wrote to the concerned state associations that these players are eligible to play in the domestic tournaments from this year.
These players can now also take part in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in due course of time. The players will also be eligible for national selection though only after a year.
- ICL rebels happy to be back in mainstream cricket - Jun 02, 2009
- 79 players shun ICL to join BCCI - Jun 02, 2009
- BCCI grants amnesty to Kapil Dev - Jul 25, 2012
- BCCI likely to allow ex ICL players to take part in IPL - Aug 13, 2009
- Amnesty for More, BCCI wants Kapil too back in fold - Jul 16, 2012
- BCCI to scout for bowling talent in Himachal - Feb 15, 2012
- Modi reveals how BCCI scuttled ICL - Jun 20, 2011
- Mumbai Indians set Royal Challengers 142-run target - May 09, 2012
- Deccan Chargers elect to bat against Mumbai Indians - Apr 09, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab elect to bat against Mumbai Indians - Apr 25, 2012
- BCCI opens its doors for ICL players - Apr 29, 2009
- BCCI honours 15 veteran cricketers - May 24, 2012
- Sangakkara stars in Kings XI's win over Mumbai Indians (Lead) - Apr 10, 2010
- Furious Azhar, backed by teammates, lashes out at Kambli - Nov 18, 2011
- Mumbai Indians defeat Pune Warriors by seven wickets - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: ajit, ashok malhotra, atul, cricket league, cricketers, india bcci, indian cricket board, ipl, kamath, karsan, madan lal, national selection, prasanna, rajesh, reetinder singh sodhi, sandeep patil, singh sandhu, state associations, test players, working committee