BCCI appoints former SPG director as security advisorMay 18th, 2010 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 18 (IANS) Retired Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Ranjit Kumar Das will be the new security advisor of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
The board, in a statement Tuesday, said that with the World Cup round the corner, security issues were of “paramount” importance.
“India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will co-host the Cricket World Cup, cricket’s showpiece event early next year. The addressing of security concerns is paramount. The preparations for the same have begun, and no effort is being spared to put together an event that will not only enhance the image of the sport, but also that of the subcontinent,” BCCI secretary N. Srinivasan said.
Das has served as Director - Special Protection Group (SPG) of the Prime Minister of India, Director General (DG) of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Special Director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB). He also had a stint at the Indian Embassy in Washington as liaison Officer for International Counter Terrorism efforts.
His previous assignment was as advisor-security to the Organising Committee of the Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010.
- Dayal is Maharashtra's new police chief - Jul 31, 2012
- BCCI cash prizes for U-19 winners - Aug 26, 2012
- BCCI grants amnesty to Kapil Dev - Jul 25, 2012
- Rajiv appointed new CISF chief - Jan 18, 2012
- Cricket World Cup returns to the sub-continent Thursday (Preview) - Feb 16, 2011
- India could host FIFA U-17 World Cup, government assures support (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- IPS Rajiv is new CISF chief (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- BCCI's new chief denies any conflict of interest - Sep 20, 2011
- Apex court nod for Srinivasan as BCCI president - Sep 09, 2011
- Former BCCI chief Rungta dies - Jul 12, 2012
- No possibility of Pakistan's tour to India next year - Dec 16, 2011
- IPL play-offs' proceeds to be distributed among former cricketers - Apr 03, 2012
- Plea against Srinivasan taking over as cricket board chief - Aug 25, 2011
- Former BCCI chief PM. Rungta passes away (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Spinners will play a major role in World Cup: Srikkanth - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, commonwealth games delhi 2010, counter terrorism, cricket world cup, embassy in washington, india bcci, indian embassy in washington, indian police service, intelligence bureau, liaison officer, organising committee, paramount importance, prime minister of india, security advisor, security force, showpiece event, special protection group, srinivasan, world cup cricket