Bayern unhappy with Ribery’s injuryJune 29th, 2008 - 12:47 pm ICT by IANS
Munich, June 29 (DPA) Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness criticized the way Franck Ribery had been treated by France’s team doctors following an injury sustained at Euro 2008. “We have been incredibly annoyed with the French doctors,” Hoeness said here Saturday.
Hoeness said there had been “25 different diagnoses” from the French team doctors a day after the injury in France’s 0-2 defeat to Italy in their last group match.
“What the French did was very negligent,” he said.
Bayern then organised an examination by club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt, also the Germany team doctor, in Basel, Switzerland.
Ribery, signed by Bayern before the start of last season, suffered a tendon tear above the left ankle and underwent surgery in Munich two days later.
Another small operation will be necessary in a few weeks. It means Ribery will probably not be available to play for Bayern under new coach Juergen Klinsmann until the start of September - a month after the season starts.
- Schweinsteiger to be out of action due to ligament tear - Feb 10, 2012
- Ballack's newest pain - being a spectator - Jul 05, 2010
- Ribery has Bayern in a spin but Klinsmann shrugs off doubts - Jan 10, 2009
- Bayern facing early exit - van Gaal too? - Nov 24, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Bayern win friendly against Holland - May 23, 2012
- Injured Germany captain Ballack to miss World Cup - May 17, 2010
- Ribery wants to leave Munich, but only for Real - Jul 02, 2009
- Russian gas giant may sponsor Bayern Munich - Dec 23, 2011
- Bayern Munich need a football philosophy: Lahm - Nov 07, 2009
- Bayern wanted over 100 million euros for Ribery - Jul 30, 2009
- Bono Undergoes Emergency Back Surgery - May 22, 2010
- Dortmund humble Bayern to win German Cup - May 13, 2012
- Bayern will contribute to development of Indian football: Lahm - Jan 05, 2012
- Bolt's doctor declares him fit and ready - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: basel switzerland, bayern munich, coach, dpa, euro 2008, franck ribery, french doctors, french team, germany, italy, june 29, klinsmann, left ankle, team doctor, team doctors, tendon, uli hoeness, wilhelm mueller