Bayern Munich claims win against newcomerAugust 26th, 2012 - 2:11 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Aug 26 (IANS) Bayern Munich claimed a comfortable 3-0 win against newcomer Greuther Fuerth at the Bundesliga Saturday.
In another match, Monchengladbach’s Juan Arangos’ dead ball goal sealed the fate for Hoffenheim, reports Xinhua.
Bayern Munich staged a faultless performance against Greuther Fuerth in the first division division football.
The Bavarians remained in control of the ball during the first half but lacked in creativity in front of Fuerths goal.
Two minutes before break, Bayern midfielder Thomas Mueller opened the scoring by a poacher’s goal when he exploited a failed clearance inside the box by Fuerth defender Heinrich Schmidtgal.
After the break Bayern kept running on Fuerths goal to double the lead at the 59th minute. Dutchman Arjen Robben set up a ball for new arrival striker Mario Mandzukic who headed home from close range.
Fuerth defender Thomas Kleine tripled the lead when he accidentally deflected a cross by Arjen Robben into his own goal.
Borussia Monchengladbach and Hoffenheim staged a clumsy performance in the first half.
Monchengladbach’s only goal came when striker Mike Hanke took a header in the 33rd minute.
After the interval, Hoffenheim took control to level at the 66th minute. Hoffenheim midfielder Roberto Firmino nodded home from close range following a parried ball by Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc Andre ter Stegen.
The ‘Foals’ came back 10 minutes before final whistle when Juan Arango curled a dead ball into top right corner to win 2-1.
Stuttgart lost to Wolfsburg 1-0 thanks to new arrival striker Bas Dost in the 90th minute.
Two minutes earlier Stuttgart striker Vedad Ibisevic had the victory on his foot but Wolfsburg goalkeeper Diego Benaglio parried his penalty.
Elsewhere, Hamburg started with a setback following a 1-0 loss to Nuremberg whilst newly promoted Dusseldorf claimed a 2-0 victory over Augsburg.
Freiburg shared points with Mainz after 1-1 tie and Frankfurt came from behind to shock Leverkusen 2-1.
- Bayern, Monchengladbach, Fuerth in German Cup semis - Feb 09, 2012
- Dortmund reaches semifinals at German Cup - Feb 08, 2012
- Dortmund drop points as Bayern edge closer - Mar 11, 2012
- German Bundesliga kicks off August 27 - Jun 27, 2012
- Bayern on top with unconvincing victory over Wolfsburg - Jan 29, 2012
- Monchengladbach beat Cologne in Bundesliga - Apr 16, 2012
- Bayern stage faultless performance to stay on top - Sep 25, 2011
- Cologne relegated, Dortmund break Bundesliga record - May 06, 2012
- German record champion Bayern sets Dortmund under pressure - Mar 25, 2012
- Dortmund close in on title after beating Bayern - Apr 12, 2012
- Monchengladbach into German Cup quarters - Dec 22, 2011
- Bayern Munich reduces Dortmund's lead - Apr 01, 2012
- Bayern Munich continue their Bundesliga domination - Oct 16, 2011
- Bayern Munich beat Valencia 2-1 at Champions League - Sep 20, 2012
- Bayern make German Cup semi-finals as Cologne implode - Feb 11, 2010
Tags: 59th minute, arjen robben, bavarians, bayern munich, bundesliga, close range, diego benaglio, division football, dutchman, faultless performance, foals, goalkeeper, juan arango, midfielder, mike hanke, new arrival, poacher, ter, thomas mueller, xinhua