Basketballer seriously injured after slam dunk accidentJuly 13th, 2012 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, July 13 (IANS) A Brazilian under-22 basketballer was seriously injured when the backboard collapsed onto him during a training session in the capital Brasilia.
David Henrique Conrado Meira suffered two cardiac arrests when he was struck on the neck and shoulder by falling debris after attempting a slam-dunk, Xinhua reported.
The incident occurred while the 19-year-old was training with the under-22 squad of Brazil’s national league club Brasilia.
He was attended to by a doctor at the scene before being rushed to the Base do Distrito Federal Hospital where he was breathing with the help of a ventilator.
“We are all very shaken by what has happened,” the team’s coach Ronaldo Pacheco said.
- Former FIFA president Havelange admitted to ICU - Apr 10, 2012
- Santos playmaker Ganso to return for Libertadores semis - Jun 12, 2012
- Brazil to play three strikers at Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Santos record convincing away win in Libertadores Cup - Mar 16, 2012
- Rai supports Leonardo's candidacy for CBF president - Mar 31, 2012
- NBA legend Abdul-Jabbar pays visit to Flamengo - Jan 28, 2012
- FIFA's secretary-general assures Brazil will be ready for World Cup - Jan 21, 2012
- Robinho expected to return to Santos from AC Milan - Mar 23, 2012
- Noted Brazilian architect hospitalized - May 04, 2012
- Five cities hold 25 percent of Brazil's national wealth - Dec 15, 2011
- Five dead in Brazil air force plane crash - Aug 03, 2011
- Neymar begs Ganso to stay at Santos - Jul 19, 2012
- Ganso scores twice as Santos thrash Catanduvense - Apr 16, 2012
- Romario supports Ronaldo's run for president of CBF - Mar 24, 2012
- Ronaldo defends Valcke's criticism of Brazil - Mar 09, 2012