Barreto named Bagan captain for 2011-12July 26th, 2011 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 25 (IANS) Seasoned Brazilian forward Jose Ramirez Barreto will be Mohun Bagan captain for the upcoming 2011-12 season, the club announced Monday.
The 35-year-old forward, who was plagued with injury and a colourless display for a considerable part of the last season, has said he would hang up his boots in 2012.
Goalkeeper Shilton Paul would be the vice captain of the 29-member squad announced by the club Monday.
To fill up the two available quota for foreign players, the club has also decided to conduct the trial for Australian defender Simon Storey and Brazilian medio Hudson Lima Silva.
Jonathan Corner of England would be the club’s physio.
- Barreto calls it quits for Mohun Bagan - May 02, 2012
- I-League: Barreto scores in his swansong as Bagan blank Pune FC - May 06, 2012
- Mohun Bagan go past Pailan in I-League - Jan 27, 2012
- Mohun Bagan face Pune in Barreto's farewell match - May 05, 2012
- Mohun Bagan prevail over Mumbai FC 2-0 - Dec 30, 2010
- I-League: Dempo hold Mohun Bagan - Apr 01, 2012
- Arnab, Clifford ruled out from AFC Challenge Cup - Mar 02, 2012
- Sporting challenge for confident Bagan in I-League - Jan 18, 2012
- Mohun Bagan appoints Santosh Kashyap as coach - Jun 30, 2012
- Bhowmick takes over as Mohun Bagan technical director - Dec 15, 2010
- Subrata technical director, Prashanta coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 19, 2011
- I-League: HAL hold Mohun Bagan to a goalless draw - Apr 06, 2012
- Barreto misses penalty as Salgaocar hold Bagan 1-1 - Apr 10, 2010
- Relegation threatened Chirag United face Mohun Bagan in I-League - Jan 30, 2012
- Four new faces in India squad for Bayern Munich game - Dec 28, 2011