Barcelona defender Abidal out for two monthsFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Feb 22 (DPA) Barcelona’s Eric Abidal will be out of action for around two months, after tearing the abductor muscle in his right thigh in Saturday’s shock 2-1 defeat at home to local rivals Espanyol.
Abidal was stretchered off after just 24 minutes after a clash with Espanyol’s Sergio Sanchez. A preliminary exploration by the Barca doctors suggests that he will be out for around eight or nine weeks.
Abidal, 29, will miss the upcoming Champions League round of 16 clash against Olympique Lyon, his former club.
Barca’s other injury victims at the moment are Andres Iniesta and Gabriel Milito.
- Barcelona take on Espanyol in city derby - Jan 07, 2012
- Barcelona kick off Champions League defence against AC Milan - Sep 12, 2011
- Barca trail one point behind Real after crushing victory - Apr 11, 2012
- Muscle injury for Barca's Abidal - Oct 03, 2011
- Alexis adds to Barca injury woes - Sep 14, 2012
- Barcelona take on Real Madrid in crucial 'El Classico' - Apr 20, 2012
- Injury hit Barca can't afford mistakes in Villarreal - Jan 27, 2012
- Injured Iniesta ruled out for four weeks - Sep 14, 2011
- No Messi as Barca take on Sporting Gijon - Mar 03, 2012
- Barca continue dominance over Real with Bernabeu win - Jan 19, 2012
- Messi scores brace as Barca keep pace with Madrid - Apr 15, 2012
- Must win game for Barca as Betis visit Camp Nou - Jan 14, 2012
- Guardiola expects tough test in Barcelona derby - Jan 08, 2012
- Barcelona face surprise package in La Liga - Dec 02, 2011
- Deportivo next target for rampant Barcelona - Dec 03, 2009