Barca set 90 million euro buy-out clause for AlbaJuly 6th, 2012 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Barcelona, July 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Spanish football giants Barcelona have attached a 90 million euro buy-out clause to Spain left-back Jordi Alba, who joined from Valencia during Euro 2012.
The 14 million euro acquisition played every minute of Spain’s triumphant campaign, including the 4-0 final thrashing of Italy in the final, when he scored the second goal.
“The buy-out clause has been set at 90 million euros,” said Barcelona in a statement.
Brought up in the Barcelona youth team, Alba spent the last three seasons at Valencia, making 74 league appearances and scoring five goals.
Alba won the first of his 11 international caps in the penultimate Euro 2012 qualifier against Scotland.
- Jordi Alba joins Barcelona - Jun 28, 2012
- Euro 2012 win has to sink in: Jordi Alba - Jul 02, 2012
- Italy wept in changing room, says Buffon - Jul 02, 2012
- Spain beat Italy 4-0 to win Euro 2012 title - Jul 02, 2012
- Lack of rest killed us against Spain: Italy coach - Jul 02, 2012
- Iniesta named player of Euro 2012 - Jul 02, 2012
- Alonso sends Spain past France, into Euro 2012 semis - Jun 24, 2012
- Zenit coach confirms interest in Nani - Aug 18, 2012
- Euro 2012: Spain edge Portugal for third-straight Euro final (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Del Bosque hails 'great era' of Spanish football - Jul 02, 2012
- Barcelona sign Arsenal midfielder - Aug 19, 2012
- Arshavin's creativity outweighs low stamina: Russia coach - Jun 16, 2012
- Alba, Mata and Martinez in Spain's Olympic squad - Jul 04, 2012
- Euro 2012: Balotelli brace stuns Germans, sends Italy to final - Jun 29, 2012
- Czech defender Selassie joins Werder - Jun 22, 2012