Barca defender Abidal released from hospitalMay 22nd, 2012 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, May 22 (IANS) FC Barcelona confirmed that left back Eric Abidal had been discharged from hospital.
Abidal underwent a liver transplant April 10 and was released Monday, just over a year after he had been diagnosed with a liver tumour.
He recovered from the tumour to play at the end of last season and in the majority of the current campaign, but the club admitted that it had always expected that he would need the transplant sooner or later, reported Xinhua.
The 32-year-old Frenchman will miss this summer’s European Championships, as he continues to recover and Barcelona have asked for the player’s privacy to be respected.
- Abidal to stay at Barcelona until 2013 - Jan 17, 2012
- Successful operation for Barcelona assistant coach Vilanova - Nov 23, 2011
- Valencia defender Alba signs agreement to join Barcelona - Mar 22, 2012
- Barcelona's Alves to miss cup final with broken collar-bone - May 17, 2012
- Barca trail one point behind Real after crushing victory - Apr 11, 2012
- Barca look to put pressure on Madrid - Mar 23, 2012
- Athletic Bilbao, Barcelona vie in Copa del Rey final - May 24, 2012
- Guardiola dedicates Getafe win to Eric Abidal - Apr 11, 2012
- Del Bosque hints at taking uncapped players to Euro 2012 - May 16, 2012
- Midfielder Keita to leave Barcelona - Jul 08, 2012
- Spain to face Saudi Arabia in World Cup warm-up - Sep 06, 2012
- Jose Mourinho extends contract with Real Madrid - May 22, 2012
- Adriano injury poses problems for Barcelona - Mar 21, 2012
- Injured Iniesta ruled out for four weeks - Sep 14, 2011
- Barca's winger Alexis injured - Mar 04, 2012