Bangladesh seek confidence booster ahead of World T20September 5th, 2012 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Port of Spain, Sep 5 (IANS/CMC) The world’s top-rated ODI all-rounder, Shakib Al Hasan, says Bangladesh is aiming for a confidence-boosting performance in this week’s international T20 Tournament in Trinidad ahead of the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.
Barbados, Afghanistan and Trinidad and Tobago are the other teams taking part in the four-nation Asia versus the Caribbean tournament from the sixth to the eighth of September at the Queens Park Oval here, CMC reports.
Members of the team have been engaged in practice sessions at the oval involving fielding practice on the main playing area as well as indoor and outdoor nets for batting practice.
“These games will be very intense as well because as you know Trinidad got so many national team players who will be playing for them,” said Hasan.
“So it will be a very good contest and if we do well here we will be full of confidence going into the world cup.”
The Bangladesh cricketers arrived in Port of Spain Friday and include stars such as Hasan and attacking batsman Tamim Iqbal.
Their T20 team is ranked one above Australia at eighth in the current ICC Rankings.
During the 2007 World Cup in the Caribbean, Bangladesh defeated India and Bermuda at the Queen’s Park oval to advance to the second round.
“It feels great. Obviously we have very good memories here,” said Hasan on his fourth trip to the West Indies.
“So we know the conditions and this we guess will be very similar to the sub continent so this will help us a lot for the upcoming T20 World Cup,” he told CNC 3 in Trinidad.
Teams in the Asia versus the Caribbean tournament are playing for a winner-take-all purse of $50,000.
- Afghanistan win in Caribbean ahead of World T20 - Sep 11, 2012
- Badree gets nod ahead of Benn in Windies squad - Jun 25, 2012
- Dwayne Bravo to take part in Big Bash - Nov 28, 2011
- Inclement weather forces cancellation of Caribbean T20 Big Swing - Dec 25, 2011
- Mohammed wants to retain place in West Indies team - Dec 27, 2011
- FIFA bribery probe: Trinidad and Tobago football chief quits - Oct 29, 2011
- Pfister's future with Soca Warriors to be determined soon - Nov 20, 2011
- Sulieman Benn plays down talk of dream comeback - Jun 25, 2012
- Darren Bravo eagerly eyeing World T20 return - Sep 04, 2012
- Confident West Indies leave for Sri Lanka - Sep 10, 2012
- Injury prone Jerome Taylor to play in SPL - Jul 06, 2012
- West Indies' Ramdin sidelined with injury - Mar 12, 2012
- 'Conspiracy to get rid of Gayle, Sarwan' - Dec 11, 2011
- Lara, Yorke lift Man United to celebrity title - May 29, 2012
- Windies assistant coach Williams appointed national selector - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: al hasan, batting practice, cnc, confidence booster, cricketers, dg, odi, outdoor nets, port of spain, practice sessions, queens park, rounder, s park, shakib, t20 world cup, tamim iqbal, trinidad and tobago, trip to the west, twenty20 world cup, west indies