Bangalore Test poised to be another India-Australia humdingerOctober 12th, 2010 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Oct 12(ANI): India and Australia are heading towards another thriller of a Test match on day five of the Bangalore Test after both the teams failed to grasp the initiative on day four.
At the end of the day’s play, the visitors were struggling at 202 for seven in the second innings.
Australia is leading by 185 runs with three wickets in hand.
Skipper Ricky Ponting was the top scorer for Australia with 72 runs off 117 balls, and was well supported by Tim Paine (23) and Michael Hussey (20).
Left arm spinner Pragyan Ojha was the most successful bowler for India picking up three wickets, while Harbhajan Singh picked two.
Fast bowler Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth got a wicket apiece.
The momentum at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium can swing towards any team on Wednesday, similar to the situation on day five of the first match played at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali.
Earlier, India was bowled out for 495 in their first innings in reply to Australia’s 478.
Resuming at the overnight score of 435 for five, and 43 runs behind, India took a 17-run lead riding on Sachin Tendulkar’s sixth double century.
Tendulkar scored 214, but after his dismissal India faced a mini collapse by losing five wickets for nine runs.
M.S. Dhoni (30), Harbhajan Singh (four), Zaheer Khan (one) and Sreesanth (zero) were dismissed in quick session, which saw India being dismissed for 495.
Mitchell Johnson was the most successful bowler for Australia picking up three wickets, followed by debutant Peter George and Nathan Hauritz who picked up two wickets each.
Australia- 1st innings: 478 (Marcus North 128, Ricky Ponting 77, Tim Paine 59, Shane Watson 57; Harbhajan Singh 4/148, Pragyan Ojha 3/120)
2nd innings: 202/7 (Ponting (72), Shane Watson (32), Ojha 3/57)
India- 1st innings: 495 (Tendulkar 214, Murali Vijay 139; Mitchell Johnson 3/105, George 2/ 48) (ANI)
- Scoreboard, India vs Australia, Second Test - Oct 13, 2010
- India eye another win with Australia at 202/7 - Oct 13, 2010
- Australia can still win Bangalore Test against India: Johnson - Oct 12, 2010
- India to chase 207 for win in Bangalore Test - Oct 13, 2010
- India thrash Australia by 7 wickets to clinch series (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- Centurions Tendulkar, Vijay send Aussies on leather-hunt on day 3 of Bangalore Test - Oct 11, 2010
- Anjali Tendulkar expresses happiness over Sachin's double century against Australia - Oct 14, 2010
- Laxman, Ishant help India snatch victory from defeat against Aussies in Mohali Test - Oct 05, 2010
- Pujara makes Test debut, replaces injured Laxman - Oct 09, 2010
- Riding on spinners, India warm-up with 38-run win over Australia (Lead) - Feb 13, 2011
- India sniff win against Kangaroos in final Test (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- Irrepressible Tendulkar, Pujara help India trounce Oz by 7 wickets to sweep series 2-0 - Oct 13, 2010
- India Vs Australia: Tendulkar falls after scoring record 18,000 runs in ODIs - Mar 24, 2011
- Sachin, Vijay steady India's innings after Australia post 478 (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- India fight back to dismiss Australia for 478 (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: dhoni, double century, harbhajan singh, humdinger, india australia, michael hussey, mitchell johnson, murali, nathan hauritz, ojha, punjab cricket association, s 478, sachin tendulkar, shane watson, test match, tim paine, top scorer, wicket, wickets, zaheer khan