Balaji back in Test squad, Kulkarni surprise pick for New Zealand tourFebruary 13th, 2009 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 13 (IANS) Medium-pacer Lakshmipathy Balaji made a comeback to the Indian Test squad while fast bowler Dhawal Kulkarni got his maiden national call-up for the tour of New Zealand.
For Kulkarni it was a surprise call since he made his first class debut for Mumbai just six months back while Balaji returned to the Test side after being selected for the one-day side in Sri Lanka earlier this month.
The national selectors Friday announced the squad of 16 each for three Tests, five one-dayers and two Twenty20 games for the 42-day tour in New Zealand starting Feb 25.
Dinesh Karthik pipped Parthiv Patel as the second wicket-keeper in all the three squads, riding on his brilliant form in the domestic circuit.
Test: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Virender Sehwag (vice-captain), Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, V.V.S. Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, Murali Vijay, Amit Mishra, L. Balaji, Dhawal Kulkarni, Dinesh Karthik.
ODI: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Virender Sehwag (vice-captain), Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan, Pragyan Ojha, Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik, Praveen Kumar.
Twenty20: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Virender Sehwag (vice-captain), Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Munaf Patel, Pragyan Ojha, Dinesh Karthik, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar.
- Yuvraj included in World T20 preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Seniors rested, Gambhir to lead ODI side against New Zealand - Nov 21, 2010
- World Cup probables announced - Dec 18, 2010
- Srikanth, selectors in Chennai to select India's World Cup 2011 team - Jan 17, 2011
- Selectors announce 15-member India squad for World Cup - Jan 17, 2011
- Six changes in India squad for England, Sehwag to join later - Jul 02, 2011
- World Cup: Selectors to pick 15-member Indian team Monday - Jan 14, 2011
- Dravid recalled to ODI squad after two years - Aug 06, 2011
- Pujara, Chawla get Test call-up - Aug 10, 2012
- Yuvraj returns for T20 World Cup, Harbhajan recalled (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- India opt to field against New Zealand - Sep 11, 2012
- Harbhajan left out of Australia squad - Nov 26, 2011
- Dhawal, Balaji in Test squad for New Zealand series (Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- Board's Grade A contract for Yuvraj, Ishant and Virat - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: dinesh karthik, gautam gambhir, irfan pathan, l balaji, mahendra singh dhoni, medium pacer, munaf patel, national selectors, pragyan, praveen kumar, rahul dravid, rohit sharma, sachin tendulkar, suresh raina, v v s laxman, virender sehwag, wicket keeper, yusuf pathan, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan