Bagan forms three-member panel to keep tab on DarbyOctober 10th, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 10 (IANS) Tightening its control on beleaguered chief soccer coach Stephen David Darby in the wake of the club’s disastrous performance in the Federation Cup, city giants Mohun Bagan Monday appointed a three-member technical panel including country’s soccer legend Chuni Goswami for monitoring practice and giving inputs on team building for the next season.
“The technical committee will watch the practice sessions and matches of the football team and give its advice and recommendations to the management. It would also give its advice and recommendation regarding recruitment and team building for the next season,” club general secretary Anjan Mitra said in a statement.
Two former India internationals Prasanta Banerjee and Satyajit Chatterjee are also part of the panel which would start functioning from Oct 17.
The development comes after Bagan’s unceremonious ouster from the group league stage of the Federation Club - a tournament they have won 13 times - with defeats to rookies Royal Wahingdoh and Lajong. Mohun Bagan got only one point from the three outings.
There was lot of speculation then that Darby could face the axe, but following intervention of sponsors UB group, it was decided to give some more time to the coach.
However, a club official said on condition of anonymity that there was a need to increase vigil on Darby as there were lot of shortcomings in his functioning.
“We need to monitor his functioning. We are not at all satisfied with his practice regimen. He has even conducted sessions which were over in 45 minutes. He has not been able to make the injured players fit,” the official told IANS.
- Darby quits as coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 15, 2011
- Subrata technical director, Prashanta coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 19, 2011
- No plans to change coach for Fed Cup performance: Mohun Bagan - Sep 29, 2011
- Mohun Bagan appoints Bhowmick as technical director - Dec 14, 2010
- Bhowmick takes over as Mohun Bagan technical director - Dec 15, 2010
- Royal Wahingdoh qualify for main phase of Federation Cup - Sep 13, 2011
- Mohun Bagan's chief coach resigns - Dec 13, 2010
- Australian Darby appointed Mohun Bagan's chief football coach - Jul 19, 2011
- East Bengal, Lajong in Fed Cup semis - Sep 21, 2011
- Mohun Bagan appoints Santosh Kashyap as coach - Jun 30, 2012
- Federation Cup: Wahingdoh shock Mohun Bagan - Sep 18, 2011
- I-League: Lajong take on Chirag - Mar 23, 2012
- Federation Cup: Mohun Bagan bow out, Wahingdoh upset Churchill - Sep 20, 2011
- Soccer craze in Kolkata just like EPL, says Darby - Jul 26, 2011
- Legendary Jarnail Singh conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna posthumously - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: anjan, banerjee, chatterjee, david darby, federation cup, general secretary, goswami, internationals, kolkata, league stage, member panel, mitra, mohun bagan, ouster, practice sessions, rookies, satyajit, soccer coach, soccer legend, technical committee