Babul Supriyo turns designer, designs jersey for Mohun BaganJuly 30th, 2012 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 30 (IANS) After playback singing and acting, singer Babul Supriyo has got into apparel designing and has created jerseys for Mohun Bagan, the century-old football club in the country.
“The legendary Dutch footballer Ruud Gullit unveiled the new jersey design with me while the entire team including the foreign players and the officials danced to a song that I wrote, tuned and sang for Mohun Bagan,” Babul told IANS.
He was in Kolkata Sunday for the unveiling of the jersey and the event took place at the Netaji Indoor Stadium.
The Supriyo-designed jersey has been selected as the club’s official Home & Away costume for the 2012-2013 football season.
Originally from Kolkata, Supriyo left a well-settled life there and moved to Mumbai in 1991 to try his luck in singing.
He has given many hits such as “Chanda chamke” from the film “Fanaa” and “Dil ne dil ko pukara” from “Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai”.
- Ruud Gullit enthralls Mohun Bagan crowd - Jul 30, 2012
- Footballer Ruud Gullit to visit Kolkata - Jul 25, 2012
- Dutch star Ruud Gullit arrives in Kolkata - Jul 28, 2012
- Venezuelans miss practice as kits are misplaced - Sep 01, 2011
- Mohun Bagan face Pune in Barreto's farewell match - May 05, 2012
- Saradha Group becomes co-sponsor of Mohun Bagan football team - Nov 24, 2010
- Ruud Gullit for pact barring big clubs luring away native talent - Jul 29, 2012
- P.K.Banerjee to be conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna - Jul 07, 2011
- We all love Anna Hazare: Alka Yagnik - Aug 26, 2011
- Olympian footballer Sattar dead - Apr 24, 2011
- Barreto calls it quits for Mohun Bagan - May 02, 2012
- Babul Supriyo to act in a Bengali film - Feb 22, 2010
- Schenker, Pele in Superstars XI against Bhaichung's side - Jan 07, 2012
- Legendary Jarnail Singh conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna posthumously - Jul 30, 2012
- Soccer legend Sailen Manna dead (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012