Azerbaijan promises $500,000 for Olympics gold winnerJuly 4th, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Baku (Azerbaijan), July 4 (IANS) President Ilham Aliyev of the oil-rich Azerbaijan has signed a decree promising handsome bonuses to the country’s sportsmen and coaches who win medals in the 2012 Olympics in London.
A medal winner will receive 400,000 Azerbaijani manats ($500,000) for gold, 200,000 manats ($250,000) for silver, and 100,000 manats ($125,000) for bronze.
Under the current decree, their coaches will be paid 200,000 manats ($250,000) for gold, 100,000 manats ($125,000) for silver, and 50,000 manats ($62,500) for bronze medals.
Azerbaijani paralympians and their coaches in the event of the medal will also receive the bonus.
They will be paid 200,000 manats ($250,000) for gold, 100,000 manats ($125,000) for silver, and 50,000 manats ($62,500) for bronze. Their coaches will be paid 100,000 manats ($125,000), 50,000 manats ($62,500) and 25,000 manats ($31,000) respectively.
Azerbaijan’s 53 athletes have been qualified for the London Games.
- Haryana chief minister wants Olympics in India - Oct 10, 2010
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- After CWG, Haryana to reward its Asian Games athletes - Dec 20, 2010
- Spanish treasure found off Florida - Mar 29, 2011
- List of unsold players in the IPL auction-5 - Feb 04, 2012
- Canada hopes to finish among top 12 in London - May 30, 2012
- Olympic bronze: Heavyweights Pulev and Mammadov win bronze - Aug 10, 2012
- CWG results: Day eight - Oct 12, 2010
- List of players sold in IPL auction-5 - Feb 04, 2012
- Haryana to set up state sports authority - Feb 14, 2010
- Five Paralympic golds leave Savchenko incredulous - Sep 08, 2012
- Olympics: Phelps takes his medal tally to 21; US overtake China (Overall Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- Bengal rewards its National Games heroes - Jun 19, 2011
- Olympics: German duo stroke to canoe gold - Aug 09, 2012