Avril Lavigne given green signal for Malaysian tourAugust 22nd, 2008 - 6:51 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 22 (ANI): Canadian singer Avril Lavigne will go ahead with her Malaysian tour after getting permission from the government.
The Arts, Culture and Heritage Ministry did not allow her to perform, claiming its content is unsuitable to Malaysian culture on the eve of the country’’s Independence Day on 31 August (08).
But Lavigne has now confirmed she will be performing.
“Well, I”ve actually been approved by the government to play a show, Contactmusic quoted her, as telling MTV News.
“I”ve already sold 10,000 tickets there, so I will be going to put on a concert for the fans.
“They tend to, you know, sometimes not want Western artists in their country.
I respect that, but at the same time, you know, there’’s people that listen to music there and want to see their idols and stuff, so it’’s all good: been approved by the government and I”m going to go put on a show and have fun,” she added. (ANI)
- Kroeger embarrassed announcing engagement to parents - Sep 02, 2012
- Avril Lavigne obsessed with cooking - Oct 04, 2010
- Fans impress Lavigne with her tattoo on their bodies - Jul 03, 2011
- Avril Lavigne 'is obsessed with cooking' - Oct 04, 2010
- Lavigne donates musical instruments to kids - Jun 28, 2012
- LiLo, Avril Lavigne's bitter feud - May 11, 2010
- LiLo denies catfight with Avril - May 12, 2010
- Avril Lavigne creates nail polish range - Jan 22, 2012
- Avril has a pizza named after her - Jul 18, 2011
- 'Jersey Shore' is just like prison with cameras, says Snooki - Mar 03, 2011
- Lavigne keen to marry again - Mar 23, 2011
- Avril Lavigne says she likes gentlemen who always put ladies first - Oct 14, 2010
- JLo tops list of perfume makers - Jun 30, 2012
- Tampa Bay Rays unhappy with Avril Lavigne - May 30, 2011
- Lavigne cooks to forget career pressures - Apr 16, 2012