Australian players lack killer instinct: Allan BorderDecember 5th, 2010 - 4:06 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 5 (ANI): Cricket legend Allan Border has said that the Australian players lack killer instinct, as England took total control of the second Ashes Test at the Adelaide Oval.
Australia struggled with the ball yet again, rarely finding a consistent line and causing England’s batsmen few problems, but Border suggested the bowlers were not entirely to blame.
Fox Sports cricket expert Border said: “We are knocking the bowlers, and I think that’s fair enough because they are lacking the ability to break through.”
“But the bowlers weren’t helped by the fielders. It was a very uninspired performance and there just doesn’t seem to be a spark or any aggro. This afternoon there was a bit of laughing and banter going on with Kevin Pietersen and I thought to myself that this isn’t good,” he said.
“We are not playing like Australia should be playing. We lacked spark to back the bowlers up,” FOX Sports quoted Border, as saying.
Australia dropped at least three chances and even some of their ground fielding, which has been such a hallmark of recent Australia teams, was sloppy at times.
Border said Australia’s batsmen set the standard for inadequacy on day one by posting a score he thought was “100 to 150 runs short of par”. (ANI)
- Warner will thrive under heavy workload - Jan 19, 2012
- Ferguson prepared for more verbal onslaught from Anderson, Broad - Nov 16, 2010
- India played like Bangladesh, says Boycott - Aug 02, 2011
- Kaspro warns England about Gabba ahead of Ashes Test - Nov 19, 2010
- Aussies set to unleash Lee, Tait in opening Twenty20 against England - Jan 09, 2011
- Anderson's return home, Pietersen are England's Ashes concerns: Flower - Dec 14, 2010
- Signs good for England, they can dominate the world: Warne - Aug 15, 2011
- Sreesanth attributes his success to stint with Donald - Jul 30, 2011
- England's top order batting is the key: Willis - Aug 23, 2011
- Bell survives bizarre run out to guide England (Tea report) - Jul 31, 2011
- Pietersen to auction Ashes shirt, bat to help Oz flood victims - Jan 11, 2011
- England's World Cup campaign has been helped by injuries: Pietersen - Jan 30, 2011
- We got the best possible start, says England's Swann - Dec 03, 2010
- Dhoni in no rush to phase out seniors - Jan 28, 2012
- Watson becomes second man after Ponting to win back-to-back Allan Border Medals - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,