Australian Darby appointed Mohun Bagan’s chief football coachJuly 19th, 2011 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 19 (IANS) Australian Stephen David Darby has been appointed Mohun Bagan’s chief football coach for the 2011-12 season, the club announced Tuesday.
Better known as Steve Darby, he obtained his UEFA A licence in 1979, and became an official FIFA instructor for the Oceania region two years later and AFC instructor in 1988. He was the national development manager for the Australian Soccer Fedeation between 1990 and 1995.
During his 16 year club coaching career, Darby has occupied the hot seat for Australia’s Sydney Olympics campaign, Malaysia’s Johor FA and Perac FA. He guided Johor to the Malyasia FA Cup.
He has also served as coach of Singapore’s Home United FC, besides coaching the Vietnamese women’s team to a gold medal in the South East Association Games.
Darby would arrive in Kolkata July 24, Mohun Bagan said in a media release
- Soccer craze in Kolkata just like EPL, says Darby - Jul 26, 2011
- Subrata technical director, Prashanta coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 19, 2011
- Mohun Bagan appoints Santosh Kashyap as coach - Jun 30, 2012
- I-League: Lajong take on Chirag - Mar 23, 2012
- No plans to change coach for Fed Cup performance: Mohun Bagan - Sep 29, 2011
- Bagan forms three-member panel to keep tab on Darby - Oct 10, 2011
- Darby quits as coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 15, 2011
- P.K.Banerjee to be conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna - Jul 07, 2011
- Depleted Salgaocar face Mohun Bagan challenge - Apr 13, 2012
- Top footballer Bhaichung Bhutia ends his international career (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- European clubs sell dreams to Indian footballers - May 08, 2011
- Mohun Bagan face Pune in Barreto's farewell match - May 05, 2012
- Mohun Bagan's chief coach resigns - Dec 13, 2010
- High on Bagan win, Pune FC hopes to beat East Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- Dutch star Ruud Gullit arrives in Kolkata - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: australia, australian soccer, david darby, football coach, games, gold medal, home united fc, hot seat, johor, malyasia, mohun bagan, oceania region, olympics, perac, singapore, steve darby, sydney olympics, uefa, vietnamese women