Australia wins ODI series against India after clinching Nagpur tieNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Replying to the target of 318 runs set by Australia, India began the innings on a solid note with seniors- Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly- giving 140 runs partnership for the first wicket.
Sachin made 72 runs and Ganguly 86 runs in 72 and 111 balls respectively.
In spite of a steady start, the match later drifted in favour of Australia as asking run rates started piling up and India started losing wickets at regular intervals.
After Sachin’s departure in the 25th over, Irfan Pathan came down to bat and made 29 runs in 29 balls before heading back to pavilion in the 33rd over. This was followed by wickets of Ganguly in 37th over, Yuvraj Singh in the 39th over and former skipper Dravid in the 41st over.
Yuvraj and Dravid failed to reach a two-digit figure. They scored 6 and 7 runs respectively.
Robin Uthappa and skipper Mahender Singh Dhoni tried to bring India back into the match with series of fours and sixes.
Dhoni made 26 runs and Uthappa 44, and their dismissals finally sealed the hope for trying to level the series.
Andrew Symonds was adjudged the Man of the Match for his unbeaten 107 runs with 9 fours and 4 sixes.
Zaheer Khan took two wickets, while Sreesanth, Pathan , Harbhajan Singh and Murali Kartik took one wicket each. (ANI)
- South Africa bundle India out for 296 - Mar 12, 2011
- India cruise to a five-wicket win over Netherlands (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- (VM) India record maiden World Cup semifinal victory at home (Statistical highlights) - Mar 31, 2011
- Series win against Sri Lanka takes India to second spot - Aug 05, 2012
- Indian team wants to win World Cup for Tendulkar (Team Profile, World Cup Countdown) - Feb 01, 2011
- Gambhir, Dhoni help India pull off four-wicket win against Oz (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- India's batting falters again in Sydney (Second Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- India lose but Yuvraj makes successful return (Roundup) - Sep 12, 2012
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Kohli stars in India's record ODI chase against Pakistan (Roundup) - Mar 18, 2012
- Bairstow sours Dravid's farewell; India end winless English summer - Sep 17, 2011
- Ryder, Ganguly star in Pune Warriors' big win over Daredevils (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Dravid back in ODI squad after two years (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Dhoni wins World Cup but India loses No 1 Test status (2011 in Retrospect - Cricket) - Dec 21, 2011
- Ryder, Ganguly star in Pune Warriors' big win over Daredevils (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: australia india, balls, dhoni, digit figure, dravid, harbhajan singh, irfan pathan, match, murali kartik, odi series, sachin tendulkar, sixes, skipper, sourav ganguly, sreesanth, target, wicket, wickets, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan