Australia win Sydney match, beat Kiwis by 32 runsFebruary 8th, 2009 - 8:32 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Feb.8 (ANI): Australia at last tasted victory having lost in five matches in row, when it defeated New Zealand by 32 runs in the third one-day international of the Richard-Hadlee trophy here on Sunday, thus keeping its chances open in the series.
Electing to bat first Australia put a challenging score of 301 runs for the Kiwis to chase who fell short by 32 runs despite brilliant knocks by Grant Elliot (115 runs from 124 balls) and Brendon McCullam (36 runs from 27 balls).
Earlier, for Australia it was the wicketkeeper, Brad Haddin who took the charge in batting making a stylish 109, which was well supported by half centuries of captain Michael Clarke (64) and Mike Hussey (51).
Nathan Bracken, Ben Hilfenhaus and Craig White grabbed two wickets each for Australia to cut short the Kiwi run chase.
New Zealand bowlers maintained a good line and length but couldnt manage to stop the flow of runs from the Aussie batsman. O Brien was the pick of the bowler, taking three
wickets while Kyle Mills and Grant Elliot scalped two each.
Kangaroos now trail the series 2-1. (ANI)
- Rise in injuries to fast bowlers due to ODIs: Hadlee - Nov 30, 2011
- First Test evenly poised as 15 wickets fall on third day (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Australia secure Chappell-Hadlee Trophy with six-wicket Auckland win - Mar 11, 2010
- Windies go down fighting as series ends tied - Mar 26, 2012
- England outclass New Zealand, qualify for semis with Pakistan (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- India suffer batting collapse, Hilfenhaus bags maiden fifer (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Narine bursts back as Windies clinch series - Jul 02, 2012
- India whitewash New Zealand with a commanding victory (Second Lead) - Dec 10, 2010
- Australia convincingly win MCG Test (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Windies collapse leaves Test against Australia wide open - Apr 11, 2012
- South Africa ahead on form, Kiwis count on Vettori (Preview) - Mar 24, 2011
- Batsmen struggle as India reach 73/4 at lunch (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- India suffer crushing defeat in tri-series opener (Roundup) - Feb 05, 2012
- India's batting falters again in Sydney (Second Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Australia outplay India at the Gabba (Roundup) - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: aussie, balls, bowlers, brendon, captain michael, centuries, chase, craig white, hadlee trophy, kangaroos, kiwi, kyle mills, match, michael clarke, mike hussey, nathan bracken, o brien, richard hadlee, victory, wickets