Australia tours West Indies from March 16November 12th, 2011 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
Bridgetown (Barbados), Nov 12 (IANS/CMC) Arnos Vale in St. Vincent will host its first international match in two years when it stages the first three One-Day Internationals on Australia’s tour of the West Indies beginning from March 16, 2012.
The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) Friday announced the itinerary for the tour that bowls off March 16 and comprises five ODIs, two Twenty20 Internationals and three Tests.
Arnos Vale, which last hosted Zimbabwe in an ODI last year March, will stage the Australia ODIs March 16, 18 and 20 before the tour moves on to St Lucia for a doubleheader.
The ground, redeveloped to host warm-up matches during the 2007 Cricket World Cup, has not hosted a Test, however, since the troubled Bangladesh tour back in 2009.
Australia will play a two-match T20 series, the first match at the Beausejour Cricket Ground March 27 and the second at Kensington Oval in Barbados three days later.
The first Test will then bowl off in Barbados from April 7-11, with the second Test set for Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad from April 15-19.
Guyana’s National Stadium will play host to the final game from April 23-27.
- West Indies A hope to dominate Indians - May 30, 2012
- West Indies discards playing for recall - Jun 02, 2012
- Windies, Australia to size up in Beausejour after dramatic tie - Mar 23, 2012
- Confident Australia arrive for Windies battle - Mar 11, 2012
- Sammy hopes to continue good record at Arnos Vale - Mar 15, 2012
- Gayle's return to Windies squad stalled - Mar 20, 2012
- Barath will add stability to Windies' batting: Chief selector - Mar 23, 2012
- West Indies' Ramdin sidelined with injury - Mar 12, 2012
- Rain ends Windies hopes of redemption as 3rd ODI abandoned - Jun 23, 2012
- Johnson and Permaul maul India A by 125 runs - Jun 13, 2012
- Windies, Australia to renew ODI rivalry - Jul 22, 2012
- Smith included in squad for practice game against Australia - Mar 30, 2012
- Windies batsmen can play spin: A team coach - Nov 04, 2011
- International cricket umpire Clyde Duncan dies - Jul 28, 2011
- Legendary fast bowler Wes Hall knighted - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: arnos vale, australia tours, bowls, bridgetown barbados, cmc, cricket world cup, day internationals, doubleheader, final game, first test, itinerary, kensington, odi, s park, second test, st lucia, twenty20, west indies cricket, west indies cricket board, wicb