Australia defeated New Zealand by one run in T20 thrillerFebruary 15th, 2009 - 9:00 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Feb 15 (ANI): Australia on Sunday defeated New Zealand by one run in a thriller T20 International cricket match here at Sydney Cricket Ground.
Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin, making his captaincy debut, won the toss and elected to bat first.
Australian team had lost three wickets at a total of 52 runs after seven overs but David Hussey then decided to do the bailout act and managed to keep the scoreboard ticking. Hussey was the top-scorer with 41 runs in just 39 deliveries.
Australia scored a total of 150 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs.
Chasing 151 to win, New Zealand lost two early wickets but as the inning progressed they were looking on top.
Wicketkeeper Brendon McCullum was the highest scorer for Kiwis and smashed 61 runs in just 47 deliveries.
New Zealand needed 14 runs in the last over to win the match but it could finish with 149 losing the match by just one run. (ANI)
- Shillingford nabs five but Kiwis battle to draw - Jul 23, 2012
- Australia too good for New Zealand (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- McCullum, Vettori guide New Zealand to 206 - Feb 25, 2011
- Both New Zealand and Australia have a point to prove (Preview) - Feb 24, 2011
- Black Caps set bench mark for batting powerplay - Mar 14, 2011
- Big Bash launch pales in comparison with IPL - Dec 17, 2011
- Knight Riders cruise to eight-wicket win over Kings XI Punjab (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Tough for New Zealand to replicate success of 2007 (Preview) - Feb 19, 2011
- New Zealand crush Pakistan, roar back into World Cup (Intro Roundup, correcting first para) - Mar 09, 2011
- New Zealand roar back with crushing defeat of Pakistan (Roundup) - Mar 09, 2011
- Series remains alive after West Indies crash - Jul 12, 2012
- McCullum, Taylor take New Zealand to 358/6 (Lead) - Mar 13, 2011
- Easy win for New Zealand against Kenya (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2011
- Gayle, Pollard shine as Windies break winless slide - Jul 01, 2012
- Australia opt to field against New Zealand - Feb 25, 2011