Australia beat Kiwis in Adelaide ODI, level seriesFebruary 10th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
Adelaide, Feb.10 (ANI): The Hussey brothers — Mike and David — on Tuesday ensured that the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy would be decided by Friday’’s final match in Brisbane after they helped Australia to a six-wicket win that levelled the series 2-2.
For the first time in the series, New Zealand batted first and they posted a moderate 244, which on a good pitch was not enough against an Australian batting order starting to find form.
The game was to some degree overshadowed by the Victorian bushfire appeal that surrounded it, with contributions from players, sponsors, spectators and administrators totalling just over six million dollars.
Replying to the Kiwi total, Australia scored 247 for the loss of four wickets.
David Hussey scored 79, while elder brother Mike scored an unbeaten 75 with five boundaries and two sixes. The other significant contributor was wicketkeeper Brad Haddin with 43.
For New Zealand, which scored 244 for the loss of eight wickets, middle order bat Ross Taylor top scored with 76.
Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson snared three wickets for 51 runs. (ANI)
- Australia secure Chappell-Hadlee Trophy with six-wicket Auckland win - Mar 11, 2010
- Hussey brothers script Australian win over New Zealand - Feb 10, 2009
- Australia takes 3-0 lead in ODI series against England - Jan 23, 2011
- Marsh to miss one-day series in New Zealand - Feb 28, 2010
- Both New Zealand and Australia have a point to prove (Preview) - Feb 24, 2011
- Yadav's maiden fifer gives India something to cheer (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- West Indies end five-year drought against Australia - Mar 19, 2012
- Word Cup scoreboard: Australia vs. Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Australia win ODI series 2-1 against Pakistan - Sep 04, 2012
- Haddin stars as Australia roll over New Zealand in Hamilton ODI - Mar 09, 2010
- Scoreboard of Australia's innings against Kenya - Mar 13, 2011
- Styris, Bond take Kiwis home in first Chappell-Hadlee Trophy ODI against Australia - Mar 03, 2010
- Ponting blasts Aussies, asks them to lift performance against Kiwis - Mar 05, 2010
- Ponting pumped to pummel New Zealand - Mar 03, 2010
- England in command after first day of Boxing Day Test - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: boundaries, brisbane, brother mike, bushfire appeal, chappell hadlee trophy, contributor, david hussey, eight wickets, elder brother, final match, four wickets, kiwi, million dollars, mitchell johnson, new zealand, odi, pitch, ross taylor, spectators, wicket