Australia beat China to qualify for Olympic volleyballJune 10th, 2012 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, June 10 (IANS) Australia qualified Sunday for the London Olympic Games men’s volleyball competition, beating China 3-0 in the qualifying tournament here.
Australia improved their record to five wins and two losses after the 25-12, 25-20, 25-13 victory to collect 15 points, an unsinkable lead over the Asian opponents, Xinhua reports.
The winners and the best-placed Asian team among the rest of the eight-team tournament qualify for the 2012 London Games.
Serbia won the tournament after defeating Venezuela 25-14, 25-13, 25-23 with seven wins.
Serbia and Australia join Russia, Poland, Brazil, Italy, Tunisia, the United States, Argentina and Britain as the contenders. Two more teams will advance from tournaments in Germany and Bulgaria to form up a 12-team finals in London in July.
- Uttarkhand, Services in quarters of National Volleyball - Dec 15, 2010
- Olympic volleyball: Brazil stunned, US unscarred - Aug 02, 2012
- Volleyball: Chennai spike Kerala to remain afloat - Jun 07, 2011
- Haryana overcome Karnataka in National Volleyball - Dec 14, 2010
- Asian Volleyball: India face Japan for bronze medal play-off - Sep 07, 2012
- National Volleyball: Easy win for Tamil Nadu, Railways (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Kerala spike Haryana, enter volleyball semis - Dec 17, 2010
- Olympic volleyball: Russia defeat Bulgaria to reach final - Aug 10, 2012
- Indian spikers on a roll, enter Asiad quarters - Nov 20, 2010
- National Volleyball: Easy win for Railways - Dec 13, 2010
- Asian Games Volleyball: India blank Vietnam 3-0 to reach quarters - Nov 16, 2010
- Volleyball: Chennai spike Yanam for title - Jun 08, 2011
- Russia win men's volleyball World Cup - Dec 04, 2011
- Olympic volleyball: Russia stun Brazil to win men's gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Karnataka, Punjab advance in National Volleyball - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,