Aussies set to unleash Lee, Tait in opening Twenty20 against EnglandJanuary 9th, 2011 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Adelaide, Jan 9(ANI): Australian fast bowler Brett Lee is looking forward to joining forces with fellow fast bowler Shaun Tait in the opening Twenty20 international against England at Adelaide Oval on Wednesday.
“I can’t deny it’s a bit of fun to be bowling when you’ve got Taity at the other end and you see the batsmen are jumping around a bit,” Fox Sports quoted Lee, as saying.
“He’s the kind of bloke you want to get into partnership with, he’s got amazing pace up around the 160km/h mark. No batsman wants to face that.”
“I don’t think either of us will be holding back,” he added.
The 34-year-old further wants his appearances in the match to parachute him into the Australia side for seven ODI’s scheduled against England.
“With what I’m trying to achieve, it’s all falling into place. There’s always, always a lot of pride involved in playing for your country and it feels just as big a deal now,” Lee said.
“Every time I play a game for Australia now, I want to prove I deserve another game,” he added. (ANI)
- Lee backs Aussie fast bowlers to dominate World Cup campaign - Feb 06, 2011
- Tait ready to give England some chin music in Twenty20s - Jan 11, 2011
- Akhtar urges Tait not to be obsessed with speed against India - Mar 23, 2011
- Australia must go for pace rather than spin in World Cup: Border - Jan 31, 2011
- Injured Tait doubtful for Brisbane ODI against England - Jan 28, 2011
- Australian pacers can trouble Sri Lanka: Coach Bayliss - Mar 02, 2011
- Lee says word is out about Australia's menacing pace arsenal - Apr 26, 2010
- Tait challenged to back up great return - Jun 28, 2010
- Lee lauds Australia's latest pace sensation Pattinson - Dec 31, 2011
- Australian T20 team has best depth: Mark Waugh - May 13, 2010
- Brett Lee, Shaun Tait in Australia's T20 squad - Jan 07, 2011
- Confident Brett Lee defends pace-dominated Oz attack for World Cup - Feb 19, 2011
- No room for both Tait and Lee in Oz WC squad - Jan 14, 2011
- Fidel Edwards aiming to be fastest bowler on earth - Dec 18, 2011
- Johnson's selection puts pressure on Oz coaching staff: Blewett - Jan 18, 2011