Aussies don’t figure in Wisden’s 2010 Test XIApril 14th, 2011 - 12:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 14 (ANI): Not a single Australian figures in Wisden’s 2010 best Test XI named in the cricket almanac’s 148th edition.
According to a report in the Daily Mail, the choice of five Indians reflects their rise to become the dominant force in the game.
It further goes on to say that Ponting and his side have paid for their woeful showing in the Ashes defeat.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who led India to the top of the Test rankings, and then the World Cup, captains a team that includes two Englishmen, four Indians apart from Dhoni, two South Africans, one Sri Lankan and one Bangladeshi.
Wisden Test XI: Virender Sehwag (India), Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh), Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka), Sachin Tendulkar (India, also leading cricketer in the world), Jacques Kallis (South Africa), VVS Laxman (India), MS Dhoni (India,capt & wkt), Graeme Swann (England), Dale Steyn (South Africa), Zaheer Khan (India), James Anderson (England). (ANI)
- Five Indians in Wisden Test XI true reflection of World No.1 team - Apr 14, 2011
- Dravid moves to 10th place in Test rankings, Sachin drops to 5th - Aug 23, 2011
- Cook climbs to career-best third spot in Test rankings - Aug 14, 2011
- Dravid rises in ICC rankings, Tendulkar drops to 4th - Jul 26, 2011
- Younus Khan jumps 11 places in ICC rankings (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Kohli gets two nominations for ICC Awards - Aug 13, 2012
- IPL-4 auction: Gambhir top grosser; No takers for Lara, Ganguly (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Dravid breaks into top-10 of ICC rankings - Nov 18, 2011
- Laxman, Zaheer achieve career-best Test rankings - Dec 30, 2010
- Bridgetown stars Laxman, Sharma break into top-10 of ICC rankings - Jul 03, 2011
- Sangakkara replaces Tendulkar as number one Test batsman - Nov 29, 2010
- Chanderpaul back as No.1 Test batsman - Apr 29, 2012
- Sachin and Kallis share top spot in Test rankings - Jun 10, 2011
- No Indian in ICC Test team - Aug 30, 2012
- Tendulkar moves to second spot in Test rankings - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: cup captains, daily mail, dale steyn, dominant force, englishmen, india ms, jacques kallis, james anderson, kumar sangakkara, ms dhoni, sachin tendulkar, sehwag india, south africans, tamim iqbal, test rankings, virender sehwag, vvs laxman, wisden, wkt, zaheer khan