Aussie trainer fined for threatening to kill horsesJune 3rd, 2009 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Canberra, June 3 (Xinhua) An Australian trainer was fined for threatening to kill his horses and send their heads to a government official.
Racing administrators in the southern state of Victoria fined David Londregan $5,000 as he told local media he would “ring the knackery and start shooting his horses straight away” if jumps racing was banned.
He also said he would send videos of the shootings and “a few” horse heads to Victoria’s racing minister, the head of the state’s racing regulatory body and animal rights groups.
Racing administrators in the southern state of Victoria stopped racing last month after three horses died during a country carnival but reinstated the sport less than two weeks later after a review.
- Gold Coast bikini-clad women's "horse race" banned - Sep 30, 2010
- Putin's limousine invites traffic complaint - Jul 17, 2012
- Horse racing abandoned at Newbury after horses die - Feb 12, 2011
- History made as all horses fall during UK race and fail to finish - Mar 19, 2011
- Will India's indigenous horses trot into sunset? - Mar 21, 2012
- Secretariat Horse releases this weekend - Oct 10, 2010
- Peter Varghese welcomes action against Victoria police officers involved in racist e-mail - Oct 29, 2010
- Posh too pricey to make appearance for Melbourne Cup - Oct 23, 2010
- Australia set to hold first bikini-clad women race on racecourse - Sep 28, 2010
- 26 killed in Brazil Carnival road accident - Mar 06, 2011
- "60 minutes" features 'Horse of the Year' Zenyatta - May 02, 2011
- Oldest remains of Caspian Horse unearthed in Iran - May 01, 2011
- Oz women suffer more injuries wearing stilettos than playing sport - Apr 17, 2011
- Russian region imposes fine on clients of prostitutes - Jun 29, 2012
- Venezuelan TV network fined $2 mn - Oct 19, 2011