Atwal makes cut, Chopra withdraws from Buick Invitation golfFebruary 8th, 2009 - 11:39 am ICT by IANS
San Diego (California), Feb 7 (IANS) India’s Arjun Atwal sank an eight-footer for a birdie to make the weekend rounds as he carded a two-over 74 and still made the cut at two-over 146 on the cut line in 65th place at $ 5.3 million Buick Invitation golf tournament here.
First round leader Camilo Villegas (133) carded 70 for a one-shot lead over John Rollins who carded a sensational eight-under 64 in the second round Friday. Indo-Swede Daniel Chopra withdrew after his first round of 76.
Atwal, who started on the 10th tee, bogeyed the 12th but birdied the 13th and then dropped shots on 16th and 17th. Then he picked up a birdie on the 18th to turn in one-over. He bogeyed the first, third and fifth and was then four-over for the day and the tournament. Birdies on the sixth and ninth saved him and he stayed on for the weekend.
- Atwal tied 55th at Players Golf - May 13, 2011
- Atwal drops to tied 19th at Heritage golf - Apr 23, 2011
- Jeev shoots 71, slips to 36th at Honda Classic - Mar 07, 2010
- Chikka stays in lead at Samarvir Sahi golf - Feb 29, 2012
- Atwal tied 52nd, Molinari leads in WGC-HSBC - Nov 04, 2010
- Ashok Kumar in lead after third round in Panasonic Open - Mar 31, 2012
- Chikka takes two-shot lead in North India golf - Mar 15, 2012
- Jeev finishes 35th in Honda Classic - Mar 08, 2010
- Mehar Atwal keeps lead, Vani second at Usha Southern India golf - Sep 21, 2011
- Mehar Atwal wins Southern India Ladies golf title - Sep 22, 2011
- Hedwall wins Women's Indian Open golf, Sharmila top Indian - Dec 11, 2011
- Khalin moves ahead of Chikka at Southern India Amateur golf - Jun 23, 2011
- Vani takes first round lead at Usha Western India Ladies Open - Oct 11, 2011
- Gurbani maintains lead in Usha DGC Ladies Open - Nov 23, 2011
- Asian Games golf: Rashid keeps India in sight of two medals (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010