Atlanta Braves acquires Nate McLouthJune 4th, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by GD
The Atlanta Braves has finally succeeded in acquiring Nate McLouth, the All-Star center fielder of Pittsburgh Pirates, for three minor leagues this Wednesday. This move will add more strength to Atlanta’s offense and will also brighten up the hopes for the team to compete for the East NL.
McLouth, who is 27 years of age, was an All-Star last season. In fact, he recorded his career high with a .276 average, 26 homers and 94 RBIs. The Atlanta Braves were in a desperate need for an offensive player because of their shameful records of a dismal 10 homers in their first 51 games. In McLouth, they seem to have got what they were missing for so long.
In the 2008 edition of the National Baseball League, Nate McLouth won the honorary “Golden Glove” and this season he recorded a .256 with nine home runs and 34 RBIs.
For Atlanta, Wednesday, the 3rd of June, was a day of big moves. In the same day, just half an hour after the McLouth trade, the Braves released Tom Galvin, their 305-game winner. The Brave management assayed for the release of 43-year-old Galvin though he did not display the effectiveness and agility in the three minor league rehab assignments that would be required of him if he plays in the big league.
To close down the McLouth deal successfully, the Atlanta Braves were forced to release some of their top prospects including the outfielder Gorkys Hernandez and pitchers Charlie Morton and Jeff Locke.
This deal of bringing in Nate McLouth to Atlanta gives a clear signal that the Braves desperately want get back to the playoffs after missing out the last three years in a row.
- Atlanta Braves Strengthen Outfield With Rick Ankiel - Aug 01, 2010
- Atlanta Braves Acquire Alex Gonzalez - Jul 15, 2010
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- New York Mets Trade Jeff Francoeur To Texas Rangers - Sep 01, 2010
- Reds' Todd Frazier loses his bat - May 29, 2012
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Jose Canseco Returns To Baseball With Laredo Broncos - Aug 18, 2010
- Trail Blazers fire coach McMillan - Mar 16, 2012
- New York Yankees Acquire Outfielder Austin Kearns - Jul 31, 2010
- Pitcher Jake Westbrook Traded To St. Louis Cardinals - Aug 01, 2010
- Tampa Bay Rays Sign In Dirk Hayhurst And Four Others - Jan 22, 2011
- Tim Lincecum Shines Against Atlanta Braves - Oct 08, 2010
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Starlin Castro, The New Star Of Chicago Cubs - May 08, 2010
- Cleveland Indians Discussing September Callups Says Manager Manny Acta - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: atlanta braves, center fielder, clear signal, desperate need, first 51, game winner, golden glove, half an hour, home runs, homers, jeff locke, minor league, minor leagues, nate mclouth, national baseball league, offensive player, outfielder, pittsburgh pirates, star center, top prospects