Athletes fail to turn up; wrestlers B result on MondaySeptember 4th, 2010 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) Six wrestlers, including Arjuna Award winner Rajeev Tomar, Saturday appeared before the doping commission of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) for tests of their B samples while the two athletes failed to turn up.
NADA director general Rahul Bhatnagar told IANS that the results of the six wrestlers’ samples will come out Monday.
“Today the B samples were opened in front of the wrestlers and they were present during the test as well. The results will be available by Monday. But surprisingly the two athletes didn’t turn up without informing us,” said Bhatnagar.
Six wrestlers had tested positive in the tests conducted during the trials in Patiala. Four of them, including three-time national champion, Tomar (120kg) were part of the Commonwealth Games squad and have been replaced.
Sumit (74kg), Mausam Khatri (96kg) and Gursharanpreet Kaur (72kg) were also part of the squad.
Rahul Mann (60kg) and Joginder (120kg) are the other two wrestlers who tested positive for banned substance, methylhexanamine, which is used as a stimulant.
Bhatnagar said that the two athletes, shotputter Sourabh Vij, who was in the Commonwealth Games squad, and discus thrower Akash Antil have a week’s time to appear before the doping commission.
“Even if they don’t turn up, on the eighth day we will open their B samples in front of independent witnesses,” said Bhatnagar.
- B-samples of six wrestlers also test positive - Sep 06, 2010
- B-samples of swimmers, athletes also positive - Sep 08, 2010
- NADA for quick trial of dope-tainted athletes - Sep 03, 2010
- Anti doping panel to hear cases Sep 22 - Sep 10, 2010
- After wrestlers and athletes, swimmers test positive - Sep 05, 2010
- Two athletes, four wrestlers suspended after testing positive (Lead) - Sep 02, 2010
- Strict action against any athlete found guilty of drug abuse, says Gill - Sep 07, 2010
- Provisional suspension of dope-tainted athletes lifted - Sep 22, 2010
- Drug ruling leaves sports federations in a tizzy - Sep 20, 2010
- Athletes can participate in CWG after suspension lifted: WADA - Sep 29, 2010
- Doping cases will not affect India's performance in CWG: Bhanot - Sep 04, 2010
- Three athletes' B samples also test positive - Jul 08, 2011
- NADA asks dope tainted athletes to submit food supplements - Jul 06, 2011
- Four Indian wrestlers test positive, out of CWG squad - Sep 02, 2010
- Four dope tainted wrestlers were medal hopes: Coach - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: award winner, bhatnagar, commonwealth games, director general, eighth day, independent witnesses, joginder, kaur, mausam, nada, New Delhi, patiala, rahul, stimulant, time national champion, vij, wrestlers