Asif now accused as ‘home-wrecker’ by film actorApril 4th, 2009 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.4 (ANI): The list of controversies and scandals is getting longer by the day for banned Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Asif, as he has now been accused of being a ‘home-wrecker’ by a film actor Babrak Shah.
According to The Daily Times, Shah has accused Asif of destroying his marital life.
“I was happily married to Veena when Asif interrupted my married life by wooing Veena and he succeeded,” Shah said.
Shah said he has already divorced Veena Malik, a film and TV actor herself, in the presence of Asif.
“Yes I divorced her when I realised that Veena was not mending her ways and started having an affair with Asif,” he said.
Controversies are not new to Asif. He is currently serving a ban from playing international cricket following his detention at the Dubai Airport for 19 days for carrying a banned substance, opium.
Earlier, days before the ICC Champions Trophy 2006, he along with Shoaib Akhtar tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid nandrolone.
While Akhtar was barred for two years from playing international cricket, Asif was slapped with a year’s suspension.
Asif has also been banned by the Indian Premiere League (IPL) on charges of taking performance enhancement drugs during the league’s first season. (ANI)
- Asif's estranged girlfriend accuses him of sending threatening mails, text messages - Apr 15, 2010
- PCB to consider Akhtar, Asif for Champions trophy: Bari - Jul 10, 2009
- PCB fines Asif for Dubai drugs detention - Jul 02, 2009
- French steeplechase runner banned for 10 years - Aug 29, 2012
- PCB recommends two million rupees fine for Mohammad Asif for Dubai misadventure - Jun 04, 2009
- Shoaib Akhtar's autobiography to reveal the inside story - Aug 13, 2011
- PCB committee recommends a hefty fine on Asif for Dubai misadventure - May 31, 2009
- Pakistan likely to recall Asif for Champions Trophy - Jul 04, 2009
- PCB fines Asif over Dubai misadventure - Jul 02, 2009
- Pak actress serves a legal notice to Asif - Mar 08, 2010
- Asif says nobody supported him during his tough days - Dec 26, 2009
- Asif eyeing a successful comeback - Jul 10, 2009
- Asif released from British jail - May 03, 2012
- Asif asked to attend U-19 camp to prepare for Champions Trophy - Sep 12, 2009
- Italian sues wife's lover for causing moral damage - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: anabolic steroid nandrolone, controversies, dubai airport, film actor, film and tv, having an affair, home wrecker, icc champions trophy, icc champions trophy 2006, international cricket, ipl, married life, mohammad asif, opium, pakistan, performance enhancement, premiere league, scandals, tv actor, veena malik