Asian Union to inspect MMST motor sport race trackMarch 31st, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 31 (IANS) Inspectors from the Asian Motorcycle Union (UAM) are likely to visit the MMST race track at Sriperumbudur, near here, in May for certification ahead of the FIM Asia Zone championship round that the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) proposes to conduct Sep 3-6.
Speaking to IANS here Tuesday, Rajan Syal, chief executive of the FMSCI, said: “The UAM inspectors would be visiting the Sriperumbudur track in May for certification, so that we can prepare for the Asia Zone round in September.”
Meanwhile, Farhan Vohra and Amit Mishra of the Madras Motor Sports Club (MMSC), who will be organising the event on behalf of the FMSCI, successfully completed the FIM course for international Stewards and Clerk-of-Course (CoC) earlier this month, Syal said.
Two other officials, Roop Kumar and Om Prakash, completed the course for international scrutinisers and have received FIM certification.
Plans are also afoot to procure electronic timing equipment from TagHeur.
- All systems go for Asia bike championship - Sep 03, 2009
- Chennai race track receives clean chit - Aug 06, 2009
- Chennai to host international bike races - Mar 21, 2009
- FIA to inspect Chennai race track - Jun 18, 2010
- Bangalore company bags INRC rights - Mar 31, 2009
- FMSCI not to be blamed for Buddh Circuit's lockdown: Chandhok - Nov 09, 2011
- India's first Moto GP rider Sarath to get financial help - Jul 04, 2011
- Kraisart takes pole position in FIM Asia racing - Aug 21, 2010
- Indian National Rally Championship begins Saturday - Jun 26, 2009
- Bikers set for challenging Nashik Rally - Dec 11, 2010
- Moscow Raceway cleared to host World Superbike round - Jul 19, 2012
- Six Indian riders for Asian two-wheeler championship - Aug 27, 2009
- Motorsports body appoints chief executive officer - Dec 16, 2008
- From pastime to Formula One: 107 years of India's motorsports - Oct 22, 2011
- Chennai race official gets Formula 1 appointment - Sep 12, 2009