Asian Games squash: Indian men blank Japan, women beat ChinaNovember 22nd, 2010 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
Guangzhou, Nov 22 (IANS) Indian men blanked Japan 3-0 while the women thrashed China by the same margin in the squash team event at the Asian Games here Monday.
In the men’s event, Sourav Ghoshal gave India the lead, defeating Yuta Fukui 11-6, 11-2, 11-6.
Siddharh Suchde then made it 2-0 with a 11-5, 12-10, 11-6 defeat of Shinnosuke Tsukue while Harinder Sandhu keeped the slate clean, getting the better of Takanori Shimizu 11-9, 11-7, 12-10 in the Pool B contest.
It was the Indian men’s second win after beating Qatar 3-0. Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and Korea are the other teams in the pool.
In women’s pool B, Joshana Chinappa defeated Li Jiang 11-1, 11-7, 11-1.
Dipika Pallikal then defeated Dongjin Li 11-2, 11-5, 11-6 before Anaka Alankamony beat Gu Jinyue 11-7, 11-2, 11-5.
The other teams in India’s Pool are Hong Kong and China.
- Tennis gold-silver, archery bronze take India's Asiad tally to 36 (Evening Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- Bronze in archery, Mary Kom and Somdev eye medals (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- India's Asiad tally rises to 36, nine medals assured in boxing (Roundup) - Nov 22, 2010
- Joshna, Dipika in quarter-finals of Asian squash championship - May 01, 2010
- Asian Squash: Indian teams in semi-finals - May 04, 2012
- Inter-Institutional TT: Manika, Shamini, Mouma lose - Aug 26, 2012
- National Squash championship: Malik ousts Jangra - Dec 08, 2011
- National TT: Maharashtra women stun holders PSPB to enter final - Jan 25, 2012
- India suffer second defeat in Squash World Cup - Mar 09, 2011
- Hei survives a scare in Indian Open junior squash - Aug 30, 2012
- Top seed Shweta in finals of table tennis meet - Jul 22, 2012
- Dutta, Adik bow out in Indian Open squash - Sep 06, 2011
- Nandrajog wins Coca-Cola Squash Open - Jul 29, 2012
- Mahesh, Anaka in finals of Indian Open squash - Sep 09, 2011
- India go down fighting to England in World Cup squash - Mar 08, 2011