Asian Games shooting: Narang helps India win two silverNovember 13th, 2010 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Guangzhou, Nov 13 (IANS) Ace Indian shooter Gagan Narang won silver in the individual event and also helped the team clinch the silver in the men’s 10 metre air rifle contest on the opening day of the shooting competition at the Asian Games here Saturday.
In the individual event, Narang shot 103.7 in the final round (597 in qualifying) for a total of 700.7 points to win the silver.
The Indian team comprising Narang (597), Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra (593), and Sanjeev Rajput (593) missed the gold by a point after they shot a total of 1,783 in the team event at the Aoti Shooting Range.
The Chinese team comprising 2004 Olympic champion Zhu Qinan, Yu Jikang and Cao Yifei won the gold with 1,784 points while South Korea’s Kiwon Kim, Jonghyun Kim and Sungsoon Choi got the bronze with 1,780 points.
The individual gold went China’s 2004 Olympic champion Zhu Qinan, who shot 104 in the final and 598 in the qualifying, and finished with a total of 702. South Korea’s Kiwon Kim got the bronze with a total of 700 (596 qualifying, 104 final).
- Asian Games: Gagan Narang shoots a silver double on opening day (Intro Round Up) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Narang gives India double silver on opening day (Roundup) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Narang shines on day one, Bindra, Rajput unlucky (Evening Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games shooting: India's rifle shooters miss gold by a point (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Indian shooters win silver, badminton teams lose (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Winning two silver medals in a tough field is creditable, says Narang - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Championship: Bindra wins gold beating close rival Zhu - Jan 13, 2012
- Shooter Narang opens medal count for India, wins bronze (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Narang shoots double gold in Asian Air Gun - Dec 18, 2009
- Asian Games shooting: Bronze for Vijay, Narang misses medal by a whisker (Second Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan Narang opens medal count with bronze (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: Bronze for Vijay, rifle shooters disappoint (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Bindra wins silver in Asian Airgun Championship - Oct 19, 2011
- Olympics: India pins hopes on shooters Abhinav, Gagan - Jul 29, 2012
- I am sure Gagan will do well: Bindra (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012