Asian Games shooting: Bronze for Vijay, rifle shooters disappoint (Lead)November 18th, 2010 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
Guangzhou, Nov 18 (IANS) India’s Vijay Kumar won a bronze in the men’s 25 metres centre fire pistol competition while rifle shooters put up a disappointing show in the 50 metres three position event at the Asian Games here Thursday.
Vijay, who won three gold medals at the Commonwealth Games, shot 583 to finish third at the Aoti Shooting Range. The gold went to South Korea’s Byung Taek Park (586) and China’s Yadong Liu (585) got the silver.
India’s Omkar Singh finished eighth with a score of 580 while Harpreet Singh was 32nd (563).
The Indian trio of Vijay, Omkar and Harpreet finished fifth in the team event while the gold went to hosts China. South Korea got the silver and North Korea the bronze.
In the men’s 50 metre rifle three position, the Indian team comprising Gagan Narang, Sanjeev Rajput and Imran Hasan Khan finished fourth with a tally of 3,458. The gold went to South Korea (3,489), Kazakhstan (3,478) bagged the silver and hosts China (3,471) the bronze.
Narang, who had won two silver medals in the 10 metre air rifle event, finished fourth in the individual round by firing a total of 1,261.8, including 99.8 in the final round. Khan (1,150) and Rajput (1,146) failed to qualify for the final round.
South Korean Jinseop Han won the individual gold with a total score of 1,169, including 100 in the final. Han’s compatriot Jonghyun Kim got the silver with a total score of 1,264.5 (98.5 in final).
China’s Zhu Qinan got the bronze with a score of 1,261.3 (101.3 in final).
- Asian Games shooting: Bronze for Vijay, Narang misses medal by a whisker (Second Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Asian Games shooting: Vijay wins bronze in 25m centre fire pistol - Nov 18, 2010
- Asian Games shooting: India's rifle shooters miss gold by a point (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Olympic shooting: Curtains over India's successful campaign (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Narang, Rajput fail to qualify - Aug 06, 2012
- I achieved what I came here to do: Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Shooters give India first medal in Asian Games - Nov 13, 2010
- Olympics: Vijay Kumar gives India second medal from the ranges (Second Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Asian Games: Indian shooters win silver, badminton teams lose (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Narang shines on day one, Bindra, Rajput unlucky (Evening Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games shooting: Narang helps India win two silver - Nov 13, 2010
- Two silvers, bronze for India on sixth day of Asiad (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Manavjit Sandhu, Imran Hassan qualify for London Olympics - Jan 22, 2012
- Olympics: Pistol shooter Vijay Kumar wins silver; India gets second medal (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: air rifle, asian games, commonwealth games, compatriot, gold medals, harpreet singh, hasan khan, imran, narang, north korea, omkar, pistol competition, rajput, rifle shooters, shooting range, silver medals, south korea, taek, vijay kumar, yadong