Asian Games: Indian shooters continue to disappointNovember 17th, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Gunagzhou, Nov 17 (IANS) Indian shooters continued to disappoint on the fifth day of the shooting competition of the Asian Games here Wednesday.
In the men’s 25 metres standard pistol event, Samresh Jung finished seventh with a score of 569 points. The individual gold went to South Korea’s Hong Seong-Hwan (575) and the silver was won by North Korea’s Kim Jong Su (573). China’s Jin Yongde (570) settled for a bronze after a shoot-off, in which he shot 48.
South Korean trio of Seong-Hwan, Jang Dae-Kyu and Hwang Yoon-Sam won the team gold with 1,708 points while China won the silver with 1,707. North Korea bagged the bronze with 1,690 and India finished fourth with 1,668.
In the women’s 50 metres rifle three position event, India’s Tejaswini Sawant (569) finished 23rd while Lajja Goswami (569) was 24th. Sawant was 23rd on the basis of better perfect 10s. Chetanpreet Kaur (559) was 31st.
The individual gold went to China’s Chengyi Wang with a score of 584 points and Iran’s Elaheh Ahmadi got the silver with 582. The bronze went to Liuxi Wu with 578 points.
China won the team gold after the trio of Wang Chengyi, Wu Liuxi and Yi Siling shot a combined tally of 1,733 ahead of second-placed South Korea, who finished on 1,728. Iran took the bronze with 1,719.
- Asian Games shooting: India's rifle shooters miss gold by a point (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Indian shooters disappoint in 50m prone team event (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- Asian Games: Unimpressive start for India in shooting - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Men's snooker team in final, shooters disappoint (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- Asian Games: Indian shooters win silver, badminton teams lose (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Narang shines on day one, Bindra, Rajput unlucky (Evening Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Women's wushu silver, 9-0 hockey victory, Saina, Vijender move ahead (Roundup) - Nov 17, 2010
- Shooters give India first medal in Asian Games - Nov 13, 2010
- Asian Games: Indian girls win silver in 10 m air pistol - Nov 14, 2010
- Asian shooting: India win silver and two bronze in team events - Jan 14, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: Bronze for Vijay, Narang misses medal by a whisker (Second Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Asian Games: India finish fifth in 50m rifle prone - Nov 15, 2010
- Omkar wins bronze, silver for men and women's team - Oct 20, 2011
- Iran Asian weightlifting champions - May 01, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: Bronze for Vijay, rifle shooters disappoint (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010