Asian Games billiards: Lilly, Alok lose in cue sportsNovember 16th, 2010 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Guangzhou, Nov 16 (IANS) Veteran Dharminder Singh Lilly lost 8-40 to Joji Kai of Japan in the men’s carom 3 singles quarterfinals while compatriot Alok Kumar went down 4-9 to another Japanese Hisataka Kamihasha in a preliminary match of the men’s 9-ball pool singles at the Asian Games here Tuesday.
Kumar had won a bronze in the 8-ball pool singles here Sunday.
Manan Chandra plays his 9-ball pool match against Vietnamese Phuc Long Nguyen in the evening.
India so far have won three cue sports medals at the Games, including the billiards singles gold courtesy Pankaj Advani.
- Asian Games billiards: Medals elude Indian cueists on fourth day - Nov 16, 2010
- Swimmer Khade wins Asiad bronze, boxer Suranjoy, shuttlers, paddlers advance (Evening Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Asian Games snooker: India men's team win silver (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- Aditya wraps up India's Asiad snooker campaign with singles bronze (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- India has bright future in cue sports: Geet Sethi - May 05, 2012
- Asian Games billiards: Alok Kumar settles for bronze - Nov 14, 2010
- Asian Games: Names of Indian medal winners - Nov 27, 2010
- Asian Games: Indira Gowda loses in 8-ball pool prequarters - Nov 17, 2010
- Asian Games billiards: Advani wins gold, Alok settles for silver (Roundup) - Nov 14, 2010
- India beat Pakistan 3-2 in Asiad hockey; silver, bronze take tally to 22 (Evening Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Asian Games billiards: Advani wins first gold for India (Lead) - Nov 14, 2010
- Asian Games: Advani wins gold, shooters silver and bronze (Evening Lead) - Nov 14, 2010
- Maiden national snooker title for Aditya Mehta - Aug 09, 2011
- Alok himself did not think he would win a pool medal - Dec 03, 2010
- Alok knocks out Advani in National snooker - Aug 08, 2011