Ashwin Sundar finishes 13thMay 13th, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 13 (IANS) Ashwin Sundar, the 18-year old from Chennai, driving for team Ma-Con made a less than happy debut in the Formula Volkswagen ADAC series in Germany over the weekend, finishing 13th in the second race after retiring from the previous outing. Ashwin had qualified 10th for the first race and fifth for the second in the double-header Round One of the championship.
In Race One, he moved to the seventh spot by the first corner when the car in front spun leading to a collision. “I had nowhere to go as I was too close to the car in front of me. I made contact and that was the end of the race,” Ashwin told IANS Tuesday.
In Race Two, Ashwin made one place and was comfortably running fourth. He was even closing in on the top three when the gear knob came loose and fell inside the cockpit. He lost precious time locating the knob and after having dropped nine places, he was content to complete the race in the 13th position.
“I had the worst of luck this weekend. Even during practice, I could not put in enough laps due to mechanical problems and during the qualifying, my car developed an oil leak and so I just couldn’t do enough fast laps. Hopefully, I will have better luck in my next outing,” said Ashwin, who last year won the Indian championship in Formula Swift and Hyundai classes.
The Round 2 of the series will be run at the Nurburgring circuit May 22-24.
- Armaan disappoints in rounds 7 and 8 of Formula 2 - Jul 04, 2011
- Impressive wins for Balu, Kutty - Aug 26, 2012
- Armaan salvages one point in Formula 2 championships - Sep 06, 2010
- Veterans rule the roost at JK Races - Aug 21, 2011
- Ameya, Vishnu annex titles in JK Tyre National Racing - Nov 27, 2011
- Bolisetti to drive in British GT series - Jan 22, 2012
- Aditya fourth at Scirocco R-Cup racing series - Jun 06, 2011
- National Racing Championship set for wet finish - Dec 17, 2010
- Armaan misses out on points at Spa rounds of F2 - Jun 27, 2011
- Force India's Sutil and Di Resta 8th and 12th at the German GP qualifying (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Armaan set for fresh Formula 2 season - Apr 14, 2011
- Full grid of Swift unlikely in National Championship - Jul 27, 2012
- Aditya Patel wins second race - Sep 19, 2011
- Walavalkar clinches pole in Volkswagen Polo R Cup - Aug 25, 2012
- Hat-trick of wins for Walavalkar - Aug 20, 2011