Ashour moves into final of Challenger squashMarch 20th, 2009 - 11:59 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 20 (IANS) Fourth-seeded Egyptian Hisham Mohammad Ashour staged an astounding rally after dropping the first two games to stun top seeded Ong Beng Hee of Malaysia and set up a final clash with Englishman Adrian Grant in the $30,000 PSA Indian Challenger squash meet here Friday.
Undeterred by a hip injury, Ashour put up a splendid show to prevail over world number 11 Beng 6-11 5-11 12-10 11-2 and 12-10 at the Calcutta Racket Club.
Two games down, Ashour was trailing 8-10 in the third with Beng on two match points when the script overturned. Ashour kept his cool and took four points in a row to take the game 12-10.
From then on, there was no looking back for Ashour, who fired some splendid shots to take the next three games and finish off the semi final match.
Third seeded Grant also made a roaring comeback after dropping the opening game to win 11-13 11-4 11-5 and 11-5 over second-seed Mohammad Azlan Iskandar of Malaysia in the second semifinal.
- Ghosal in semi-finals of Chennai Open squash - Mar 05, 2010
- Dipika enters semi-finals of Asian Squash - May 02, 2010
- Suchde crashes out of Punj Lloyd Squash, Ghosal plays Tuesday - Dec 12, 2011
- Ghosal goes down to Beng from a high - Mar 20, 2009
- Ghosal lone Indian survivor in Chennai Open squash - Mar 04, 2010
- Saurav upsets top seed Grant to reach the semis - Apr 16, 2010
- Hee, Nicol claim titles - Mar 07, 2010
- Ghosal goes down fighting in Chennai Open squash - Mar 07, 2010
- Ghosal enters pre-quarters of Punj Lloyd Squash - Dec 13, 2011
- Anaka, Joshna in last 8 of Chennai Open squash - May 23, 2012
- Joshna, Dipika in quarter-finals of Asian squash championship - May 01, 2010
- Siddharth, Sandeep crash out of Punj Lloyd masters - Dec 14, 2010
- World Junior Squash: Aparajitha rallies to win - Jul 09, 2012
- Punj Lloyd Squash: Egyptians Darwish, Shorbagy in quarters - Dec 14, 2011
- Sharath, Madhurika win Table Tennis gold - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: adrian grant, azlan iskandar, beng, calcutta, challenger, clash, englishman, final match, four points, hisham, match points, mohammad, number 11, ong beng hee, psa, racket club, rally, squash, three games, two games