Ashley Cole deserves to be dumped, says his dadFebruary 21st, 2010 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 21 (ANI): Ashley Cole’s father Ron Callender has said his son deserves to get dumped by his wife/singer Cheryl for cheating on her.
Callender had parted ways with the English footballer’s mother Susan Cole when his son was three.
“This is as though Ashley is asking for Cheryl to divorce him. I can’t say I’d blame her if she did. Cheryl has been shamed by what Ashley has done,” the News of the World quoted him as saying.
He added: “People may be nice to her face because she’s a famous singer, but they will be looking at her and thinking she’s a mug for sticking by him after all he’s done.
“Even though he’s my son, I can’t condone what he’s done. His excuse to Cheryl last time when he had a one-night stand with another woman was that he was so drunk he didn’t know what he was doing. Well he can’t have been drunk again. That’s a pathetic excuse.
“I hope they stay together. But Ashley has to realise he’s not a silly teenager any more.
“He’s a man of 29, married to the most beautiful girl, who he says he loves, and his wife is talking about quitting work to have a baby.
“I would say to Ashley if you want to behave like a depraved womaniser, then DON’T get married or have kids. But it seems nobody can tell him what to do. Maybe someone should. I’d like that someone to be me.”
Callender feels Cole has brought shame to his mother.
He said: “Ashley was brought up by his mum, my ex-partner Susan, to respect women, not send naked pictures of himself in a state of arousal to girls he doesn’t even know. His mother will be mortified by his behaviour.
“Susan was the driving force behind his soccer career. He’s owes her everything.
“Ashley loves his mum. He’s a real mummy’s boy, so I’m baffled by his behaviour. I don’t understand how he can treat women this way.
“I don’t want to be down on my boy, but sadly, to me, Ashley’s now in the same league as Shane Warne or Tiger Woods.”
Callender insisted Cole never used to be a womanizer.
He recollected: “Ashley used to be a bit shy. For years when he was a teenager, Ashley had the same girlfriend. She was a lovely girl.
“He was a one-girl boy up until he started at Arsenal. The relationship ended soon after.” (ANI)
- Mom approves of Cole's new boyfriend - Aug 22, 2012
- Ashley, Cheryl Cole 'had row over will.i.am before split' - Mar 15, 2010
- Cole to meet boyfriend's family - Aug 29, 2012
- Derek Hough dumps Cherly Cole - Jun 06, 2011
- Ashley Cole blames mum-in-law for marriage break-up - Feb 25, 2010
- Tre's mother worried about his relationship - Aug 18, 2012
- Cheryl Cole, Ashley heading for a reunion? - Dec 05, 2010
- Ashley Cole 'wins over new girlfriend's parents' - Dec 28, 2010
- US man sentenced, fined $300 for tattooing 'Daddy's Boy' on 3-yr-old son - Apr 07, 2011
- Morrison praises Cheryl Cole - May 14, 2012
- Cheryl Cole prefers women to men - Oct 22, 2010
- Cheryl Cole dumps husband through SMS - Feb 22, 2010
- Cheryl Cole ditches Ashley again - Jul 19, 2011
- Air hostess warns Cheryl against Ashley - Jul 27, 2011
- Ashley, Cheryl reunite, plan to start family (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: ashley cole, beautiful girl, callender, driving force, famous singer, footballer, last time, london feb, mother susan, mummy, news of the world, night stand, pathetic excuse, shame, shane warne, soccer career, susan cole, tiger woods, womaniser, womanizer