Ashes battle has bookies in waging bet modeJuly 8th, 2009 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 8 (ANI): The epic cricket battle between England and Australia has sparked a deluge of wagers.
Betting exchange Betfair said it alone could take 200-million-pounds in stakes from punters all over the world.
Another betting outfit - Corals — predicted 100-million pounds of bets as the series gets under way in Cardiff.
The Aussies are odds-on favourites but England have shot in from 4-1 to 7-4 after a flood of patriotic punts, reports The Sun.
Ladbrokes reported taking ten times as many bets on England, captained by Andrew Strauss, as on Aussie skipper Ricky Ponting’s men. (ANI)
- Punter bets on Kate 'borrowing Queen's diamond tiara' for royal nuptials - Apr 26, 2011
- The bet's on - Kate to wear Queen's diamond tiara - Apr 26, 2011
- Horse called Royal Wedding wins race just hours after Prince William wed - Apr 30, 2011
- Horse named Royal Wedding wins race - Apr 30, 2011
- Cricket Australia gives go ahead to betting during Ashes - Sep 03, 2010
- Punters back Freddie for Knighthood, Ponting for sack - Aug 25, 2009
- Churchil's UFO claims make bookmakers slash betting odds that 'aliens exist' - Aug 06, 2010
- Lahore declared capital of live illegal cricket betting - Aug 29, 2010
- England's performance will do the talking in Australia: Strauss - Aug 18, 2010
- London Olympics: Betting houses offer odds on diverse things - Jul 27, 2012
- World Cup: Pre-match jitters rock England - Jun 23, 2010
- Giggs' BBC Sports Personality of the Year award at centre of betting riddle - Dec 15, 2009
- Bookies predict Prince William, Kate Middleton will marry next year - Nov 08, 2010
- Euros riding high on Spain - Jun 07, 2012
- Strauss unhappy over choice of Cardiff first Ashes Test venue - Jul 05, 2009