Ashes 2010: Prior warns Poms not to peak too earlyDecember 9th, 2010 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec.9 (ANI): England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has warned the Poms not to peak too early in their push for the Ashes in Australia.
Prior appealed to his teammates to avoid premature back slapping, and maintain the present work ethic to ensure that the urn stayed with England.
England has a 1-0 lead in the five-match series with three matches remaining.
Prior says the tourists are looking no further ahead than their three-day game against Victoria at the MCG starting on Friday.
“You’ve got to be careful you don’t fall into the trap of too much back-patting too early,” Prior told a press conference at the MCG on Thursday.
“We’ve played well, the tour’s gone well so far, but it’s all in the past now. We’re one-nil up. That’s fantastic. We’ve got to make sure we go two-nil up. We’ve got a big game against Victoria coming up tomorrow and that’s as far ahead as we’ll look,” he added.
“You can fall into a trap if you start looking too far ahead,” Fox Sports quoted him, as saying.
The third Ashes Test starts in Perth next Thursday. (ANI)
- First hour of first day at MCG crucial to winning Boxing Day Ashes Test: Clarke - Dec 25, 2010
- North cements hopes of Ashes berth with unbeaten 94 against Victoria - Oct 24, 2010
- Ashes 2010: Sledging expected to continue - Dec 25, 2010
- Oz seeks bitter Ashes revenge by making marmalade better than Brits! - Feb 07, 2011
- West Indies hit by poor decision-making: Gibson - Jun 05, 2012
- Everything not rosy in 'vulnerable' Australian camp: Flower - Dec 20, 2010
- The credit for England's rise belongs to coach Flower: Pringle - Dec 31, 2010
- Premature Ashes fever could be "dangerous" for England players, warns Swann - May 25, 2010
- Anderson flies home for second child's birth - Dec 08, 2010
- Swann says it would be great if England gets No. 1 ranking - May 01, 2011
- England to focus on their own preparations: Gooch - Nov 16, 2010
- Johnson says confidence as a bowler has returned - Nov 19, 2010
- 'We are not in the business of targeting the Aussies' says Strauss - Oct 31, 2010
- Flower says England not satisfied, wants series victory in fifth Ashes Test - Dec 30, 2010
- We've become World No.1 by taking small steps: Prior - Aug 14, 2011