Arsenal will not commit Champions League suicide: Jack WilshereMarch 7th, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.7 (ANI): British footballer Jack Wilshere has said that Arsenal will not commit Champions League suicide by playing for a draw in Barcelona.
Arsene Wenger’s squad travelled to Spain with a 2-1 aggregate lead from the last-16, first-leg clash three weeks ago.
Wilshere is confident the Gunners can lay down a marker to the rest of Europe by beating Barcalona at the Nou Camp.
The Sun quoted Wilshere as saying: “We know we can beat Barcelona. We did that at the Emirates. Beat them again and we know we have a good chance of winning the tournament.”
He said: “We will go there with confidence but realize we have to defend well and hit them on the counter-attack. If we get a goal, they will have to come at us. We can win there.”
He added: “Hopefully, we will have Cesc Fabregas back. Cesc is massive. He is our captain, our leader and great on the pitch.”
“They have a couple of players out. But we know they have got great players in Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, so we will have to defend well”, he added. (ANI)
- Fabregas expected to play against Barcelona - Mar 07, 2011
- Messi expects Fabregas to join Barcelona soon - Apr 14, 2010
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Wenger says gamble on Arshavin paid off in amazing style in historic defeat of Barca - Feb 17, 2011
- Fabregas hints at staying at Arsenal - Feb 18, 2011
- Gunners, Barca in bitter bust up over footie wonderkid Toral - Feb 22, 2011
- Fabregas will join Barcelona, predicts Messi - Feb 20, 2011
- Former Arsenal player asks Fabregas not to repeat his mistake of Braca move - May 25, 2010
- Arsenal ready to sell skipper Fabregas for 35-mn pounds - Apr 27, 2011
- Superb Messi scores four to set up Inter date for Barcelona - Apr 07, 2010
- Iniesta named player of Euro 2012 - Jul 02, 2012
- Wenger hits back at ex-Barcelona President's Fabregas remark - Feb 16, 2011
- Villa vows to 'do the maximum' to get Fabregas to Barcelona - Jul 23, 2010
- Arsenal will not allow skipper Fabregas to go: Wenger - Jul 18, 2010
- Lifting Carling Cup would end doubts about Arsenal, says Wenger - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: arsenal, arsene wenger, barcalona, barcelona, champions league, clash, confidence, emirates, europe, fabregas, footballer, good chance, gunners, london, marker, nou camp, pitch, spain, suicide jack, xavi