Arsenal will not allow skipper Fabregas to go: WengerJuly 18th, 2010 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jul 18 (ANI): Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has insisted that Cesc Fabregas Barcelona saga is over, and the Gunners will not allow their captain to go.
Arsenal fans made their feelings clear with an X-rated banner message to the Spanish club during Saturday’s match at Barnet.
Wenger said: “The discussion is stopped. We never wanted it to start. I always said that we wanted him to stay. He’s such an important player for us, he’s our captain and we want to keep him.
“That’s why we were not listening to any offers. We have shown our love and care for Cesc,” News of the World quoted him, as saying.
Wenger hinted that he put much of the blame for the un-needed talk about Fabregas on former Barcelona president Joan Laporta and wants Barca players to stop lining up to say how welcome he would be at the Nou Camp.
“We can only influence our own behaviour. I believe things have gone straight again with Sandro Rosell. It’s not pleasant to read things every day. But we have to live with the speculation because of the stature of our club,” said Wenger.
“I believe that Cesc loves the club. He has shown his attachment to the club many times and I’m confident that the story will end there,” he added. (ANI)
- Gunners, Barca in bitter bust up over footie wonderkid Toral - Feb 22, 2011
- Wenger wins tussle over Fabregas with Barcelona - Jul 18, 2010
- Debt ridden Barca loses hope of snaring Fabregas - Nov 18, 2010
- Torres warns Fabregas over proposed move to Barcelona - Mar 29, 2011
- Wenger, Capello were approached to coach Barcelona in 2001: Gaspart - Aug 03, 2010
- Fabregas will join Barcelona, predicts Messi - Feb 20, 2011
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Mourinho to personally convince Fabregas to join Real Madrid - Dec 31, 2010
- Barcelona's bid to lure Fabregas hit by financial debt stumbling block - Jul 28, 2010
- Kroenke in fight to keep Cesc - Apr 15, 2011
- Fabregas hints at staying at Arsenal - Feb 18, 2011
- Barcelona keen to bring Fabregas back to Camp Nou - Jun 01, 2010
- Barcelona prepared for 45 million pound bid for Fabregas - Mar 29, 2011
- Wenger hits back at ex-Barcelona President's Fabregas remark - Feb 16, 2011
- Former Arsenal player asks Fabregas not to repeat his mistake of Braca move - May 25, 2010
Tags: arsenal boss arsene wenger, arsenal fans, banner message, barnet, boss arsene wenger, fabregas, feelings, gunners, joan laporta, london, love, match, news of the world, nou camp, saga, sandro, skipper, spanish club, speculation, stature