Arsenal wants to bring in more players: WengerJuly 25th, 2012 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 25 (IANS) English club’s Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Wednesday that he was still looking to add more players to his team in the summer transfer window.
“I am not finished in the transfer market this summer and I want to bring more players into Arsenal,” said Wenger at a press conference here where Arsenal will play friendly with Manchester City this Friday.
Wenger would did not talk about any specific targets but the Frenchman hopes to add to his squad before the transfer window closes, reports Xinhua.
“You see I have come here to say as little as possible,” Wenger said jokingly, before adding, “I am ready to talk a lot, but not a lot about transfers because it is a very fragile subject and a very secret subject.”
“We bought Giroud and Podoiski and I hope that we bought Diaby and Wilshere too, who didn’t play at all last season,” Wenger continued. “We will add Wilshere to the squad as soon as possible. But we are not at the end of the transfers and we will still bring more players in.”
When asked about the future of Robin van Persie after landing in Beijing for the second leg of the Arsenal 2012 Asian tour, Wenger’s answer was unequivocal.
“There is nothing to elaborate, and the options are clear. We want to keep our players and I would be happy for Robin to stay in the English Premier League and at Arsenal,” said Wenger.
- French striker Olivier Giroud joins Arsenal - Jun 26, 2012
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- I could write a book about the summer: Wenger - Sep 10, 2011
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Wenger says gamble on Arshavin paid off in amazing style in historic defeat of Barca - Feb 17, 2011
- Bookies favour Manchester City to win EPL - Aug 17, 2012
- Wenger says Wilshere cannot play in London Olympics - Mar 24, 2012
- Arsenal agree 12.8m pound deal for Giroud - Jun 19, 2012
- Arsene fears more players will leave Arsenal - Sep 24, 2011
- Arsenal's Wenger says UK Premier League title race not over - Apr 11, 2011
- Wilshere set to defy Wenger, wants to play Euro under 21 - Mar 31, 2011
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Wilshere to miss Euro 2012 - Apr 17, 2012