Arsenal under pressure to meet only remaining Premier League ‘target’: WengerMarch 21st, 2011 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 21(ANI): Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that his team is now focused on winning the Premier League title after seeing their Quadruple bid destroyed.
The Gunners have crashed out of the Champions League and FA Cup and lost in the Carling Cup final.
“You cannot go out of the Champions League like we did and have no doubt. It’s a massive blow. We had four targets and suddenly we have only one. So the pressure increases,” the Sun quoted Wenger, as saying.
“But this team wants to do well and I’m so desperate to help them get what they deserve because their attitude from the first day of the season has been absolutely spot-on.”
“That’s why I think they deserve to be rewarded and I’m confident they will,” he added.
Arsenal are currently five points behind league points table leaders Manchester United with a game in hand. (ANI)
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Arsenal needs to work harder to end trophy drought: Wenger - Apr 21, 2011
- Wenger urges Arsenal not moan over Carling Cup defeat - Feb 28, 2011
- Arsenal's key players seem to be cracking up: Petit - Mar 14, 2011
- Wenger accepts responsibility for Arsenal's title hopes crash - Apr 25, 2011
- Wenger says Arsenal are 'trying to win everything they can' - Jan 26, 2011
- Arsenal suffering a crisis of confidence: Wenger - Mar 13, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- 'Bad' game against Liverpool has left Man U in fight with Arsenal for Premier Legaue - Mar 10, 2011
- Lifting Carling Cup would end doubts about Arsenal, says Wenger - Feb 26, 2011
- Weak Gunners can't take Premier League title, says West Brom's Mulumbu - Mar 22, 2011
- Wenger says will rest his stars to win Premier League - Jan 02, 2010
- Birmingham eyeing to breach Arsenal's 'weak' defence in Carling Cup final - Feb 25, 2011
- Wenger gunning for Man U - Mar 03, 2011
- Wenger ready to spill blood to make Gunners winners - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: arsenal manager arsene wenger, attitude, carling cup, champions league, fa cup, five points, game, gunners, london, manager arsene wenger, manchester united, massive blow, no doubt, premier league, sun, table leaders, target, targets