Arsenal to play Man City in Beijing’s Bird’s NestFebruary 29th, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 29 (IANS) England Premier League club Arsenal announced Wednesday that the team will travel to Beijing to play Man City this July in the bird-nest-shaped National Stadium.
“Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that the first-team squad will be travelling to China in July to play Manchester City in the famous Beijing National Stadium,” Arsenal club was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
It will be the second straight year for Arsenal to travel to China following the club’s successful summer tour in Asia last year, during which the Gunners played a match in Hangzhou, the capital city of China’s Zhejiang Province.
The clash between the two Premier League giants will be a one-off match to be played July 27 in the “Bird’s Nest”, where the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympic Games was held.
“We enjoy huge support in Asia and by playing a match in Beijing, we will once again be bringing the Club close to our local fans in China,” said Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis. “The players and staff had an amazing time in China last year and we are all looking forward to visiting this great country again in July.”
- Pre-season overseas tour has double edges: Wenger - May 05, 2012
- Man City beat Arsenal at pre-season friendly - Jul 27, 2012
- Last-minute thrillers render Chelsea win, Arsenal loss - Jan 03, 2012
- Wenger hopes Henry's presence can inspire Gunners - Nov 18, 2011
- Gunners, Barca in bitter bust up over footie wonderkid Toral - Feb 22, 2011
- Arsenal thrash Spurs to reclaim EPL fourth spot - Feb 26, 2012
- Fighting Arsenal bow out of Champions League - Mar 07, 2012
- 11 killed, 89 injured in China rail accident - Jul 23, 2011
- Arsenal expect Arshavin in training by July 21 - Jul 05, 2012
- Arsenal's '2004 Invincibles' won't happen again: Ferguson - Dec 13, 2010
- Rescue effort on at China high-speed train crash (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Chhetri, Jeje on trial with Glasgow Rangers - Nov 11, 2011
- Tbilisi to host 2015 UEFA Super Cup - Jul 01, 2012
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: 2008 olympic games, arsenal club, arsenal football club, beijing, bird nest, capital city of china, city of china, clash, england premier league, feb 29, gunners, man city, manchester city, olympic games, opening ceremony, time in china, tour in asia, travelling to china, xinhua, zhejiang province