Arsenal shouldn’t get carried away by successful stint so far: FabregasOctober 26th, 2010 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 26(ANI): Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas insists that the club should not go overboard despite a successful Premier League campaign so far.
Arsenal is currently second in the championship table, just five points behind reigning champions Chelsea.
“It’s still early in the season. After every win it’s easy to say, ‘Oh, you are more mature’ and this and that. But it’s just one more game, so let’s not get carried away. We just want to play against Newcastle [in the Carling Cup tomorrow] now. That’s it,” the Daily Express quoted Fabregas, as saying.
Fabregas further said that the 3-0 victory against Manchester City was crucial for their title bid.
“It was a very important win because we are back on track and it was against one of our rivals at the top. It is nice to go to Manchester City and win,” Fabregas said.
“We have always found Manchester City difficult opponents but this time we did really well and played some fantastic football. We enjoyed it on the pitch and, hopefully, the fans enjoyed it as well,” he added.
The win at Eastlands was the first time Arsenal have beaten any of the Premier League’s current top four - Chelsea, Manchester United and City - in 10 attempts. (ANI)
- Wenger 'more focused than ever' to win trophy for Arsenal: Fabregas - Nov 13, 2010
- Lifting Carling Cup would end doubts about Arsenal, says Wenger - Feb 26, 2011
- Chelsea will be cautiously optimistic about taking on Man City: Ancelotti - Sep 20, 2010
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Beating Barcelona is not mission impossible: Fabregas - Dec 18, 2010
- Arsenal will overhaul Man U's lead in Premier League, insists Robin van Persie - Feb 05, 2011
- Balotelli says he's better than other `Golden Boy' award winners - Dec 22, 2010
- Gunners working for clean four title sweep: Nasri - Jan 20, 2011
- Don't expect Tevez or Fabregas to stay at Man City or Arsenal: Ex-England star - Jan 04, 2011
- Gunners move to within two points of Premier League leader Chelsea - Nov 15, 2010
- Only Man U or Chelsea can win this season's Premier League title: Nani - Dec 23, 2010
- Evra asks Man U to play ruthless football to win Premier League - May 03, 2011
- Evra describes Arsenal as 'a football training centre' with no trophies to show - Dec 11, 2010
- Wenger hits back at ex-Barcelona President's Fabregas remark - Feb 16, 2011
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: arsenal, attempts, carling cup, championship table, daily express, five points, game, league campaign, london, manchester city, manchester united, newcastle, opponents, pitch, premier league, rivals, skipper, stint, victory