Arsenal send Arshavin to St. Petersburg on loanFebruary 25th, 2012 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 25 (IANS) Arsenal have sent their Russian midfielder Andrey Arshavin back to Zenit Saint Petersburg on loan.
With the Russian transfer window shutting Friday night, Zenit said in a statement on their website that “Arshavin is back!”
The 30-year-old, who joined the Gunners two and a half seasons ago on a 15 million pounds move, will stay with Zenit until the end of the season.
It was reported that Zenit had agreed to pay a fee of around $1.5 million besides wages for Arshavin, who was criticized by fans for his recent below-par performance.
Arshavin has scored 30 times in 133 appearances for the Gunners since joining them February 2009, including four goals in a 4-4 draw with Liverpool at Anfield in his debut season.
- Arsenal expect Arshavin in training by July 21 - Jul 05, 2012
- Zenit mulling Arshavin bid: Coach - Jul 20, 2012
- Arshavin visits St.Petersburg, sparks speculation - Aug 19, 2012
- Arshavin sorry for Russia's Euro 2012 showing - Jun 21, 2012
- Arshavin's creativity outweighs low stamina: Russia coach - Jun 16, 2012
- Arsenal ace Arshavin can't repeat four-goal salvo, reckons Liverpool's Mascherano - Dec 12, 2009
- Hulk and Witsel cost 40 millon euros each: Zenit - Sep 07, 2012
- Arshavin out of Arsenal's Champions League squad - Sep 18, 2012
- Arshavin pledges to be an Arsenal legend - Apr 23, 2009
- CSKA coach leaps to Arshavin's defence - Jun 29, 2012
- Pogrebnyak agrees contract with Reading - Jun 30, 2012
- Huszti to Return to Hannover - Jul 23, 2012
- Champions League: AC Milan thrash Arsenal, Zenit win thriller - Feb 16, 2012
- Zenit coach confirms interest in Nani - Aug 18, 2012
- Russia showing dangerous cohesion: Arshavin - Jun 11, 2012